"The Lab"
Sep 18, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #12,468 of 20,136

That was pretty cool, but how about this?

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/theres_a_giant_pink_vagina_couch_for_sale_on_craigslist

@nmatheis it's in your area, you should check it out
biggrin.gif

If we buy that couch for Joe, do you think he'd get us all X7s?

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #12,469 of 20,136
Sep 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #12,470 of 20,136
I have mai waifu to sit inside already, thanks

But your interest in the X7 is duly noted :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #12,472 of 20,136
Sorry guys - I'm unsubbing.  Just had too much degradation to members of the fairer sex lately, and too much childish innuendo.  Last few pages really did it for me.  I know this is supposed to be a social / fun thread - but I'm finding it a bit much.

Just on the side - and I know again it's mainly kidding around - but I feel I have to say something.  This is just general and doesn't apply specifically to anyone here. I've seen a great explosion in the number of reviewers lately (which is a good thing).  But I've also seen a lot of back slapping, expectation that the "labsters" have to make the front page, kudos for reviews regardless of output quality, expectation that manufacturers should automatically send review samples, and not so subtle "pick me, pick me pressure applied to company reps. What we do as reviewers with gear on loan (and I NEVER treat it as mine - even if they leave it with me - it remains the manufacturers property) is a privilege, not a perk or a right.  I am very serious about the reviews I give, and I have tried never to shill or gloss over a review.  I've tried to point out the good with the bad.  And I've tried to fairly mark accordingly.  There are others who are doing similar - well done.  But I am seeing a slow trend toward 5 star reviews when the design simply does not warrant it.  IMO opinion this helps no-one - not the guys following your reviews, not the manufacturers, and definitely not this site.  All I'd suggest is maybe (for those who haven't thought about it yet) - a little inward looking might be in order.

Vince - let's keep in touch - I have some ideas for a serious reviewers thread/section (Alex and I have been discussing).  I'll let you know details if it comes to fruition.

You're a great bunch of guys - so hope no-one takes this the wrong way.  It's been on my mind a lot lately.

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #12,473 of 20,136
  Sorry guys - I'm unsubbing.  Just had too much degradation to members of the fairer sex lately, and too much childish innuendo.  Last few pages really did it for me.  I know this is supposed to be a social / fun thread - but I'm finding it a bit much.

Just on the side - and I know again it's mainly kidding around - but I feel I have to say something.  This is just general and doesn't apply specifically to anyone here. I've seen a great explosion in the number of reviewers lately (which is a good thing).  But I've also seen a lot of back slapping, expectation that the "labsters" have to make the front page, kudos for reviews regardless of output quality, expectation that manufacturers should automatically send review samples, and not so subtle "pick me, pick me pressure applied to company reps. What we do as reviewers with gear on loan (and I NEVER treat it as mine - even if they leave it with me - it remains the manufacturers property) is a privilege, not a perk or a right.  I am very serious about the reviews I give, and I have tried never to shill or gloss over a review.  I've tried to point out the good with the bad.  And I've tried to fairly mark accordingly.  There are others who are doing similar - well done.  But I am seeing a slow trend toward 5 star reviews when the design simply does not warrant it.  IMO opinion this helps no-one - not the guys following your reviews, not the manufacturers, and definitely not this site.  All I'd suggest is maybe (for those who haven't thought about it yet) - a little inward looking might be in order.

Vince - let's keep in touch - I have some ideas for a serious reviewers thread/section (Alex and I have been discussing).  I'll let you know details if it comes to fruition.

You're a great bunch of guys - so hope no-one takes this the wrong way.  It's been on my mind a lot lately.

Truer words have never been spoken. I personally want to speak out against this myself, but I'm not level-headed enough to do such. I'm really glad someone else noticed this.

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #12,474 of 20,136

A shot at my audio lab to bridge the awkward silence
"Ooh! Look at the shiny panels" :popcorn:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 19, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #12,476 of 20,136
Nice to see a new lab related pic posted Joe Bloggs. It's been a while. :)

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #12,477 of 20,136
My hotel room lab this past Wednesday night... even when travelling, the Head-Fi fun never stops.

Guesses from cases as to what I played with?

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #12,479 of 20,136
Before we continue with the thread I would like to point out the proverbial elephant in the room.

Guys, I love this thread. It was made as a refuge from other threads that were being taken over by characters that wanted to push their weight around and make an arguments out of everything. During times when my personal favorite thread was being dismantled by certain participant's and personal agendas (specifically the Chinese/Asian brand thread), we made this thread. The Lab was intended to be a place we can share opinions without having to be particular or serious all the time. It was a place to hang out, have fun and discuss gear and crack jokes. Needless to say we've accomplished this and The Lab has become one of the most popular threads on Head-Fi. Cheers

You guys rock. We discuss gear, post links to our reviews and have a good time. I've connected with many of you and made some pretty awesome friendships along the way. I'm so glad we have been able to hang out. I hope this thread stays relevant for years to come.

While we have managed to create a thread where we avoid trolls and keep the conversation fun, I want to say that there is something that has crossed my mind a couple of times. Please remember that this is a public forum. With that being said, please note that it is open to the world's viewing and can be read by just about everyone with an Internet connection. I AM NOT saying we can't have a sense of humor or crack jokes on here, but I will say that there have been a couple times where we've pushed the boundaries of what is acceptable for a public forum. In a day and age where censorship and sensitivity is at an all time high, we have to be careful that we aren't doing something that is insulting or too graphic for a specific age, rage, gender, or culture. What I'm trying to say is that there's a chance someone's 12 year old daughter could be reading this thread. We have to ask ourselves "if this was my son/daughter reading this would I have a problem with it?" I have a thirteen year old son, and if I caught him reading, or commenting, or showing his friends some of the (and when I say this I'm talking about a select few) posts on here, I would have an issue with it.

With that being said, I embrace 99.984724901 percent of the humor on this thread, but there's that remaining fraction of a percent that pushes things maybe just a little too far (myself included). Please just be mindful of this moving forward. I AM NOT discouraging anyone from sharing their senses of humor. I'm just saying before you hit that submit button on your next post, ask yourself if you would let your child read it the way it is written or posted. If the answer is no it probably shouldn't be posted, or should at least be reworded.

Secondly, I applaud you guys for your reviews and think you all do a great job covering products. I enjoy celebrating our success when we make the front page. It's an honor to hang out with guys who have a passion to cover products and share their experiences with the community.

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back