"The Lab"
Sep 17, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #12,436 of 20,136
Sep 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #12,437 of 20,136
If I was an owner of a company if you would name your childs middle name Fiio and showed the birth certificate I would give you 2 of them. That would make for some great social media advertising.

How would you convince the wife on that?

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #12,438 of 20,136
I use screen protectors, Adam. I put it on in a room with little air movement, blow off all the dust I can, use a bit of scotch tape to get off the last dust particles, and slap the screen protector on. If there're a few dust particles under the screen protector, I lift up the edges carefully and use a piece of tape to remove them. Doesn't actually take that long and is effective.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #12,440 of 20,136
But I agree that tempered glass would be awesome!

I love the glass protectors for cells, I had to change my screen protector on my AK dap. I have a small air bubble and a piece of dust under it, drives me crazy. I wouldn't use one if I didn't use it for work, everything just looks so much crisper with out them.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #12,441 of 20,136
  Fellow labsters do you guys use screen protectors on your daps? I do but hate the way they look I have an air bubble in mine and it drives me crazy. I have never been good at putting them on, I wish you could by the tempered glass for daps like cell pones have.

I definitely know how you feel. What I usually do is rinse the screen protector in some warm-ish water, then flap it around a bit to get rid of some of the water. I place one edge of the screen protector onto the corresponding edge of the screen, then use a credit card to slowly press the rest of the screen protector onto the screen. Keep a towel close by to wipe the water that squeezes out from under the screen protector. It won't look great at first, but once the water underneath dries, it looks nice. I used this method with my AK Jr and the only issue is one corner that got bent when I was taking it off to try again :p

Here's a photo:

You can see on the bottom left corner of the screen how the screen protector isn't really on the screen. Thankfully, you can't even see it with the case on :p

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #12,442 of 20,136

I definitely know how you feel. What I usually do is rinse the screen protector in some warm-ish water, then flap it around a bit to get rid of some of the water. I place one edge of the screen protector onto the corresponding edge of the screen, then use a credit card to slowly press the rest of the screen protector onto the screen. Keep a towel close by to wipe the water that squeezes out from under the screen protector. It won't look great at first, but once the water underneath dries, it looks nice. I used this method with my AK Jr and the only issue is one corner that got bent when I was taking it off to try again :p

Here's a photo:

You can see on the bottom left corner of the screen how the screen protector isn't really on the screen. Thankfully, you can't even see it with the case on :p

Thanks I can take it off an try it again if I rinse it, I thought it was one application. I know some cell phone protectors you can remove, I guess it won't hurt to try since it's messed up already.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #12,444 of 20,136
I am real anal when it comes to the way things look, I have a black glass desk and keep a micro fiber cloth in my top drawer and wipe it off every couple hours. I even wipe off all my iem's in all the nooks and crannies after using them, then I take off the tips and run a Q-tip threw them.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #12,445 of 20,136
  Fellow labsters do you guys use screen protectors on your daps? I do but hate the way they look I have an air bubble in mine and it drives me crazy. I have never been good at putting them on, I wish you could by the tempered glass for daps like cell pones have.

I remember reading on one of the other forums where people said if you crank your shower and get the room all hot and steamy it'll prevent dust and whatever from sticking to the screen and causing bubbles. Haven't tried it myself, Fiio is kind enough to preinstall the protectors. When I worked for a security co. and we installed shatter resistant film to the windows of clients, we'd spray them down with soapy water, then squeegee it out. Kinda like the process clee290 posted

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #12,446 of 20,136
The shower idea sounds like it would work it makes sense anyway. Thanks for the tips guys now if they made cases with holsters for our daps, that would be great. I just shove mine in my pocket at work. Or I use a holster I made that works great but a hard shell case would be awesome.

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #12,447 of 20,136
  How do you like the AK Jr?

I really like it. My only issue with it is the software isn't as snappy as I was hoping, especially when browsing via the Artists/Albums/Songs/etc. categories. Browsing via the Folder view is much better though.

Sound-wise, I wouldn't call it a neutral-sounding player. It does have some warmth to it. Soundstage is quite good too.

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #12,448 of 20,136
I remember reading on one of the other forums where people said if you crank your shower and get the room all hot and steamy it'll prevent dust and whatever from sticking to the screen and causing bubbles. Haven't tried it myself, Fiio is kind enough to preinstall the protectors. When I worked for a security co. and we installed shatter resistant film to the windows of clients, we'd spray them down with soapy water, then squeegee it out. Kinda like the process clee290 posted

Lol, that was me! Yes, it works every time. :)

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #12,449 of 20,136
But I agree that tempered glass would be awesome!

I would not own an iPhone without, it would be awesome if all manufacturers had tempered for their screens
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #12,450 of 20,136

you know whats funny, the included apple Earbud sounds a lot better than I recall. I used to have have an iPhone 4 and I used its earbuds mainly back in the day. Very good treble extension actually

@Mr Trev  I wonder how good the new EarPods sound?

I've got like 6 or 7 brand new pairs at the house, PM me an address and I'll ship you a pair
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back