"The Lab"
Mar 3, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #1,173 of 20,136

I have seen reports of fake CKRs popping up on this forum lately, are you sure those are legit?

No, I am not sure. I noticed questions about fake CKRs popped up in February or about 3 weeks ago and AFAIK no one has confirmed yet. I got mine in November last year though but still I can't be sure. 

Update:

One more thing I forgot to mention.. before I bought it online from Taobao, I had a chance to audition for CKR9 at a legit shop in Singapore. Recalling from my memory (which can be very rusty),  the SQ of the CKR9 I got seems to be consistent though with the one I listened to at the shop. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #1,174 of 20,136
Makes you wonder when people say that CKR9LTD is a combination of CKR9/CKR10, perhaps a happy medium!

Just wish they would have removable cables.  I have been testing some mmcx based cables and there is so much potential to fine-tune a sound with these.  Tip rolling can really shape the sound, cable-rolling can do some amazing refinement!

Yes, I've also been thinking about that with the Ltd's.

Agreed on the detachable cable. The whole design looks to be made for detachable cables and still there's none...

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,175 of 20,136
When you say that the they don't sound similar to the B3 Pro 1, do you mean the CKR9s are more analytical? I have been hearing too many differing reports on how the CKR9 sounds so I am actually pretty confuzzled lol.

No,it's fuller and more engaging with a smaller soundstage width.

What I mean is that they sounds pretty different from each other (because of the above).

I picked up two jds labs short interconnect cables. Look at how sweet and custom it looks on my beater rig!

Those are nice. International shipping is very expensive though :frowning2:

It's official! 

I hate you all!!!

We love you too :purple_heart:

No, I am not sure. I noticed questions about fake CKRs popped up in February or about 3 weeks ago and AFAIK no one has confirmed yet. I got mine in November last year though but still I can't be sure. 

Update:

One more thing I forgot to mention.. before I bought it online from Taobao, I had a chance to audition for CKR9 at a legit shop in Singapore. Recalling from my memory (which can be very rusty),  the SQ of the CKR9 I got seems to be consistent though with the one I listened to at the shop. 

Yeah, there are no guarantees (and no warranty either :)) buying this way. All I know is that my pair sounds at the top of what I've heard and the sound is in line with all I read about it.

If you're not willing to risk your money or buy without warranty this is not the way to get them.

Edit:
I kind of feel like a criminal posting the link but all I wanted to do was sharing a great deal. I've now updated the post with the link with the following:

Please understand that if you do choose to get them from this link you're taking a risk and I can not give any guarantees for what future customers actually recieve.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,178 of 20,136
  Looks interesting, but I'm going to hold out on amplifiers for a while. I'm waiting for impressions on the Topping NX2.

+1, I'm also curious of the NX2. I got a full refund for my Bluebird 6 since it distrorts with all my full size cans. The seller also said that they won't sell it any longer :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,180 of 20,136
The NX1 was perfect for a portable rig IMHO with one glaring exception, and that was all the darn EMI.

If Topping made the same exact amplifier and with no EMI, I would pay double or triple the asking price of the NX1 for it.

I totally agree with this!

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,181 of 20,136
Please tell me I didn't make a mistake purchasing an NX1. Are all the EMI issues when used with a phone only? Or is even proximity an issue? I've currently got an LG G3 on AT&T. Is EMI an issue when on wifi or LTE or just when on 2G? It's been a while since I've used my phone as a DAP sorry. Currently I use the Hifimediy android DAC with the phone but sometimes get pauses and haven't figured out what is causing this. Thanks guys.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,182 of 20,136
  Please tell me I didn't make a mistake purchasing an NX1. Are all the EMI issues when used with a phone only? Or is even proximity an issue? I've currently got an LG G3 on AT&T. Is EMI an issue when on wifi or LTE or just when on 2G? It's been a while since I've used my phone as a DAP sorry. Currently I use the Hifimediy android DAC with the phone but sometimes get pauses and haven't figured out what is causing this. Thanks guys.

I've only had problems with the NX1's EMI when paired with phones with active SIM cards in them. With DAP's or phones used as music player only it works very well.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,184 of 20,136

So the current talk is Ckr9...

I LUV YOU MAN
rolleyes.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,185 of 20,136
Out of curiosity, is the NX-1 considered to be more neutral or warm when it comes to its sound signature? I would need something analytical or neural so it will refine my more bass heavy iems. If the NX-2 retains the same sonic characteristics and reduces RFI or EMI, worth the asking price for shizzle then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back