"The Lab"
May 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,241 of 20,136
May 20, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #6,243 of 20,136
Actually this is one of the reasons Robert only went dual Hybrid when he designed the Trinity Deltas. He suggested that it was much harder to tune dual BAs with a siingle dynamic without it becoming too bassy.  His findings seem to be in-line with your thoughts on the A73.  I'm betting it will become a very popular IEM.
Fidue are masters at making BA and dynamics gel together and play in unison.

May 20, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #6,244 of 20,136
Code:
The Fidue A73 absolutely rocks right out of the box.

Mkll M-1 is great as well.

Fidue A65 rocks as well.

Fidue A33 is really good.

Dang they are all really solid offerings! Fidue is no joke guys. Everything I've heard from them is really good!

Congrats Vince ....that is one delivery .....wow

Good morning ....me go to sleep and wake up playing catching up .......:rolleyes:

May 20, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #6,245 of 20,136
May 20, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #6,246 of 20,136
I think it's no longer a choice between KZ ED9 or KZ ATE, but rather a must to get both of them :)  Got KZ ATE as well (both ED9 and ATE came from Zhengnan shop, he already has ED9 on Amazon US and soon should have ATE).  While ED9 has a superior build (all metal, replaceable filters, solid build of inline remote) and ATE is more lightweight and cheaper plastic build, in terms of sound ED9 with brass filter is pure neutral tuned "gold" with a great extension at both ends, very spacious sound, and excellent retrieval of details; and ATE is really aiming to take a jab at IM50 with a balanced slightly warm sound, excellent bass details (ED9 with gold filter can't touch that), mids with plenty of clarity and details (though not exactly at ED9 level, but close), and nice treble sparkle (ED9 has a little more extension there).  For now, I'm leaving all my final impressions until each IEM gets 50+ hrs of burn in.  I like how ATE has two little weighted capsules to hold your wire down behind ears.

May 20, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #6,248 of 20,136
I think it's no longer a choice between KZ ED9 or KZ ATE, but rather a must to get both of them :)  Got KZ ATE as well (both ED9 and ATE came from Zhengnan shop, he already has ED9 on Amazon US and soon should have ATE).  While ED9 has a superior build (all metal, replaceable filters, solid build of inline remote) and ATE is more lightweight and cheaper plastic build, in terms of sound ED9 with brass filter is pure neutral tuned "gold" with a great extension at both ends, very spacious sound, and excellent retrieval of details; and ATE is really aiming to take a jab at IM50 with a balanced slightly warm sound, excellent bass details (ED9 with gold filter can't touch that), mids with plenty of clarity and details (though not exactly at ED9 level, but close), and nice treble sparkle (ED9 has a little more extension there).  For now, I'm leaving all my final impressions until each IEM gets 50+ hrs of burn in.  I like how ATE has two little weighted capsules to hold your wire down behind ears.

Great, glad I ordered both.

May 20, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #6,249 of 20,136
I agree with all of this my friend, well said. I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Alex,do you feel like the tuning of the ATE sits somewhere right in between the two filters of the ed9?

May 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #6,250 of 20,136

will the amazon seller ship to canada? Do you have a link Alex? I promised myself no more purchases but the endorsements from Vince and yourself is making it difficult for me to resist! I love the design of the ATE and if it can replace IM50 for me, I will be pleased. IM50 sounds good but has a stupidly long neck that makes it hard to use other tips and is uncomfortable. 

Cheers

May 20, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #6,251 of 20,136

will the amazon seller ship to canada? Do you have a link Alex? I promised myself no more purchases but the endorsements from Vince and yourself is making it difficult for me to resist! I love the design of the ATE and if it can replace IM50 for me, I will be pleased. IM50 sounds good but has a stupidly long neck that makes it hard to use other tips and is uncomfortable. 

Cheers

To be honest Tamal, I need to find my IM50 to sit down for a closer comparison, which I'm planning to do this weekend after ATE/ED9 are done cooking.  Just by memory, IM50 has more aggressive mid-bass, probably higher quantity as well, and maybe a little more forward upper mids, so it's not exactly 1:1 tuning.  Of course, IM50 will have a superior build quality and removable cable.  ATE is more balanced with an enhanced low end but not overly done, mids are clear-smooth, not too bright or harsh, and treble is polite but still with a nice sparkle.  Their nozzle is shorter.

The link for ED9 is: http://www.amazon.com/Cancelling-Monitor-Earphones-Headphones-Micphone/dp/B00XCANBL0/ - maybe contact a vendor and ask him if he delivers to Canada?  It ships from China anyway, so I don't know if it makes any difference to him.

May 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #6,252 of 20,136

I think it's no longer a choice between KZ ED9 or KZ ATE, but rather a must to get both of them
smily_headphones1.gif
  Got KZ ATE as well (both ED9 and ATE came from Zhengnan shop, he already has ED9 on Amazon US and soon should have ATE).  While ED9 has a superior build (all metal, replaceable filters, solid build of inline remote) and ATE is more lightweight and cheaper plastic build, in terms of sound ED9 with brass filter is pure neutral tuned "gold" with a great extension at both ends, very spacious sound, and excellent retrieval of details; and ATE is really aiming to take a jab at IM50 with a balanced slightly warm sound, excellent bass details (ED9 with gold filter can't touch that), mids with plenty of clarity and details (though not exactly at ED9 level, but close), and nice treble sparkle (ED9 has a little more extension there).  For now, I'm leaving all my final impressions until each IEM gets 50+ hrs of burn in.  I like how ATE has two little weighted capsules to hold your wire down behind ears.

I agree with all of this my friend, well said. I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Alex,do you feel like the tuning of the ATE sits somewhere right in between the two filters of the ed9?

Yes, absolutely agree!  But I would still prefer ATE over ED9 w/gold filter :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back