"The Lab"
May 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #17,506 of 20,136
Hey all. Anyone have any experience trying to get smoky smell out of your gear (say bought something from a smoker). Supposedly the air quality back home was a 38 on a scale of 10 (suck it, Spinal Tap
biggrin.gif
) and I imagine my gear is going to be a tad nasty whenever I can get back. My earpads should be able to be washed (ok to wash pleather?), just wondering about the internals of my headphones/iems. Hoping that since mostly everything is in their cases or tucked away in drawers it might not be that bad, but I should prepare for the worst.

May 17, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #17,507 of 20,136
  Hey all. Anyone have any experience trying to get smoky smell out of your gear (say bought something from a smoker). Supposedly the air quality back home was a 38 on a scale of 10 (suck it, Spinal Tap
biggrin.gif
) and I imagine my gear is going to be a tad nasty whenever I can get back. My earpads should be able to be washed (ok to wash pleather?), just wondering about the internals of my headphones/iems. Hoping that since mostly everything is in their cases or tucked away in drawers it might not be that bad, but I should prepare for the worst.

Other than just wiping stuff down and time I'm not really sure what else you can do to electronics, at least you still have something to return to and wipe down! Hope everything is OK Mr. T
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #17,508 of 20,136

Other than just wiping stuff down and time I'm not really sure what else you can do to electronics, at least you still have something to return to and wipe down! Hope everything is OK Mr. T
beerchug.gif

As far as my P1 amps go, hosing em down with contact cleaner should do the trick. Not sure if its a good idea to be spraying that stuff on drivers n such tho…

May 17, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #17,510 of 20,136
May 17, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #17,512 of 20,136
  Good eyes Podster! Easy Ears custom for 16$ :D
They looked so pretty and I thought why not? 

SQ is a bit of hit and miss tbh

So how's the SQ? Maybe I'll pick some up for birthday presents if they're good enough! 

May 17, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #17,513 of 20,136
  So how's the SQ? Maybe I'll pick some up for birthday presents if they're good enough! 

Well, SQ is inconsistent. Boomy bass, not muddy but packs a lot of air. Mids are warmish, which shines in some tracks but sounds distant in others. Treble rolls off quite a bit. 
But the sound is smooth, used it for long periods without fatigue. Stock silicone tips are okay, but are a little stiff, ear canals hurt after I took it out. Replaced it with some wide bore silicone tips to get a bit more comfort. 
Can't complain, 16$. Detachable cables, looks so nice that I actually spent my whole evening photographing it.

May 17, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #17,514 of 20,136
Well, SQ is inconsistent. Boomy bass, not muddy but packs a lot of air. Mids are warmish, which shines in some tracks but sounds distant in others. Treble rolls off quite a bit. 
But the sound is smooth, used it for long periods without fatigue. Stock silicone tips are okay, but are a little stiff, ear canals hurt after I took it out. Replaced it with some wide bore silicone tips to get a bit more comfort. 
Can't complain, 16$. Detachable cables, looks so nice that I actually spent my whole evening photographing it.
so its a track dependent iem. Which genre is it good at

May 18, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #17,518 of 20,136

Oh yes, pretty indeed! 
beerchug.gif

I love colourful and semi-translucent stuff as well.

Impressive photos, translucency is love!
That iem on top of the dac amp stack, what is it?
I can see the kz ate, impressions please?

The orange IEM is a Pai Audio MR2.  
beerchug.gif

The ATE is a very solid in-ear for its respective price point. However, i have heard of three different ATE signatures so far: v-shaped, excessively bassy and last but not least thick, lush and dark.
Mine is of the latter sort. The soundstage is relatively nice (not the most precise though) and vocals are warm plus thick but not overly warm/coloured yet. However, while the bass isn't the slowest, it sounds somewhat blunt and lacks some control and details. Treble takes a step back and is smooth, without any peaks or steep dips. If I had to review it, I'd say very solid 4 out of 5 stars for the price.

May 18, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #17,519 of 20,136

The orange IEM is a Pai Audio MR2.  
beerchug.gif

The ATE is a very solid in-ear for its respective price point. However, i have heard of three different ATE signatures so far: v-shaped, excessively bassy and last but not least thick, lush and dark.
Mine is of the latter sort. The soundstage is relatively nice (not the most precise though) and vocals are warm plus thick but not overly warm/coloured yet. However, while the bass isn't the slowest, it sounds somewhat blunt and lacks some control and details. Treble takes a step back and is smooth, without any peaks or steep dips. If I had to review it, I'd say very solid 4 out of 5 stars for the price.

beerchug.gif
 NICE!

Amazing how many(good if not great) sub 30$ chinese IEMs have appeared in the past few years.

May 18, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #17,520 of 20,136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back