"The Lab"
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #17,296 of 20,136

Gotta agree with ya' on that. So much trouble fitting in-ears to your ears.  Might I suggest the slippery slope of headphones. 
atsmile.gif

Cans are not portable and not comfortable 
frown.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #17,299 of 20,136

Cans are not portable and not comfortable 
frown.gif

Depends on what you're up to. It has happened a few times in the past years that I headed into the city or went on an extended walk or even hiking (the latter in the winter though to keep my ears warm) with full-sized headphones like the DT770 Pro or SRH440. Portable stuff like the Amperior was also used from time to time (and yep, DT770 Pro and SRH440 with the coiled cord). Thinking about it again, it has probably happened only about once in a year on average.

On a side-note, I have seen pics of Head-Fiers who are using their HD 800, LCD-X and HE-400 in the underground railway. I don't really get the idea of using open-back headphones in noisy environment, but to each his own.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #17,300 of 20,136

Depends on what you're up to. It has happened a few times in the past years that I headed into the city or went on an extended walk or even hiking (the latter in the winter though to keep my ears warm) with full-sized headphones like the DT770 Pro or SRH440. Portable stuff like the Amperior was also used from time to time (and yep, DT770 Pro and SRH440 with the coiled cord). Thinking about it again, it has probably happened only about once in a year on average.

On a side-note, I have seen pics of Head-Fiers who are using their HD 800, LCD-X and HE-400 in the underground railway. I don't really get the idea of using open-back headphones in noisy environment, but to each his own.

definitely agree with you. for the sake of portability, the only can appealing to me is vmoda m100.
speaking on comfortableness and portability, Phonak should create a BTS for their discontinued iems
frown.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #17,302 of 20,136
I got the v moda wireless which i really enjoy, also the jvc sz1000, im looking at the beyer t5p.2 aswell lol

is there a difference with the akt5p or just the additional ak logos? LOL

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #17,303 of 20,136
is there a difference with the akt5p or just the additional ak logos? LOL
ive read its a little bit different sounding but not many people have heard them both to explain the difference to me. I havent heard any of the beyer models, I really want to try them. From what ive read, i think it would be an incredible headphone, the fact its closed back making it portable is even better

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #17,304 of 20,136
ive read its a little bit different sounding but not many people have heard them both to explain the difference to me. I havent heard any of the beyer models, I really want to try them. From what ive read, i think it would be an incredible headphone, the fact its closed back making it portable is even better

based on what I perceive, they will work better with AK players just like AKR01/02/03

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #17,305 of 20,136
Ye, im aware they have a custom AK preset on their players specifically for them. I wonder how the 2nd gen t5p sounds using that same preset. Very nice looking headphone. I just remembered I also have the psb m4u2 aswell lol

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #17,306 of 20,136
Ye, im aware they have a custom AK preset on their players specifically for them. I wonder how the 2nd gen t5p sounds using that same preset. Very nice looking headphone. I just remembered I also have the psb m4u2 aswell lol

yeah collect it all LOL

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #17,310 of 20,136
Altmann Tera Player

Just received the Tera Player tonight!
Listening with the Flat 4 Kaede, BSV Club in 24/96............this player is something special!
It is a sound enamating from your Tera Player that uber Audiophiles try for many years to achieve in their home systems.
Great ears!
Regards,
Gavin Chiu, Tralucent Audio

The sound quality of your Tera Player is very qood, the clarity and detail superb.
I also have HM801 and Colorfull Colorfly C4, so I can compare your Tera and other player.
I have several headphone like HD800, T1, LCD2, but mainly I using Beyer T5p, for IEM, I using AKG K3003 and Shure 535 LE.
Cheers,
Sem

If you are impatient to know what is my first overall impassion, here it is: Tera-Player is the Holy Grail of DAPs.
But back to the course of events.
I briefly tied the player with beyerdynamic Tesla T5P and - even shorter - with Sennheiser HD600 yesterday late at night, and just now - with Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas (but between HD 600 and HD 25 I replaced most compositions on the card).
Apparently it accentuates the strengths of each of the phones, - keeping the weaknesses bearable.
T5P was just amazing with Glenn Gould's piano recording and fine with the rest, HD 600 was fine with everything (lively, well paced, although 'compact' soundstage), and HD 25 had more PRaT than ever. On some compositions which employ early stereo tricks I could actually 'feel' where and how is placed the driver of T5P, - but that disappeared once the stereo mix was more natural.
With best regards
Rudolfs

Thank you and well done!  My Tera is just so musical.
The AK240 I own is excellent but, when I want to listen to music close to the original, I now always go to my Tera.
With all the best,
Patrick (UK)m Japan
Hi Charles,
I'm thinking that you are God !
I had challenged for the best sound quality, for example AK120, AK240, AK380, and many many portable amps, batteries, but these weren't satisfied with my ears !
And, Always I backed your Tera, Tera is the best sound portable player !
Therefore ,I can't wait for the latest Tera Stealth.
You are exactly the best sounding God in the world .
Thanks God !
Best Regards Tsutomu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back