"The Lab"
Apr 5, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #17,266 of 20,136
how do they compare bud?

the harmony is not quite as lush as the hum for the midrange. soundstage of the hum is slightly more spacious than the harmony.both soundstage are large to start off with. there is no lack of body for the hum, although harmony is not thin sounding, the hum just makes it thin sounding.as for bass,  the hum edges it out in the mid bass. as for treble, hum is smoother than the harmony as I feel there is slight tinge of grainy treble for the harmony, Imaging of both iems is on par. Hum definitely offers an all round performance as compared to the harmony and is more coherent sounding.
cheers

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #17,267 of 20,136
the harmony is not quite as lush as the hum for the midrange. soundstage of the hum is slightly more spacious than the harmony.both soundstage are large to start off with. there is no lack of body for the hum, although harmony is not thin sounding, the hum just makes it thin sounding.as for bass,  the hum edges it out in the mid bass. as for treble, hum is smoother than the harmony as I feel there is slight tinge of grainy treble for the harmony, Imaging of both iems is on par. Hum definitely offers an all round performance as compared to the harmony and is more coherent sounding.
cheers
awesome comparison, and people think the aria will sound similar to HUM? Or have I been musreading comments? Those aria are stunning, the more I look at them the more i just want to hit the buy button!

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #17,268 of 20,136
awesome comparison, and people think the aria will sound similar to HUM? Or have I been musreading comments? Those aria are stunning, the more I look at them the more i just want to hit the buy button!

FAQ-6.png

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #17,269 of 20,136
I dont understand graphs, im new to audio, theres no way I could look at a graph and have an udea of what sound to expect. However you have helped me in the fact you compared the HUM to the harmony and the aria graph looks very similar to the HUM. Cheers bud. On the vibro website its very plain and basic. Are the universals available right now? Being from UK I imagine I would have to pay by paypal, which is roughly £350. I wonder how long shipping would be. Are you getting a pair?

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #17,270 of 20,136

Every iem will sound different apart from DBA02 and Brainwavz B2/Fiio EX1 and Dunu Titan1 just to name a few examples.
I have not tried the aria but given the components and the graph, they seem similar in their approach but definitely not the same.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #17,271 of 20,136
I dont understand graphs, im new to audio, theres no way I could look at a graph and have an udea of what sound to expect. However you have helped me in the fact you compared the HUM to the harmony and the aria graph looks very similar to the HUM. Cheers bud. On the vibro website its very plain and basic. Are the universals available right now? Being from UK I imagine I would have to pay by paypal, which is roughly £350. I wonder how long shipping would be. Are you getting a pair?

http://diy.vibrolabs.com/products/aria
ask @taiden for more information
cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #17,273 of 20,136

Guys, don't press the buy button! first ask yourself if you really need a truck load of IEM's when we only have 2 ears.
basshead.gif

I think it time that Vince arranges some GAS medication/ therapy for all us Labsters for our Gear Acquisition Syndrome! 
cool.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #17,275 of 20,136
Guys, don't press the buy button! first ask yourself if you really need a truck load of IEM's when we only have 2 ears. :basshead:

I think it time that Vince arranges some GAS medication/ therapy for all us Labsters for our Gear Acquisition Syndrome! :cool:

lol, i only got the sony ex650 and cant get along with them, i picked up the RHA T20 and even though theyre a good upgrade with good sound, i want an awesome upgrade with awesome sound.

Damn i was 95% sure I was picking me up the FXA7 but these ARIA got me twisted. Hmmmm

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #17,276 of 20,136
  that is why we are on headfi

My comments were somewhat wry, paradoxical, satirical and ironical as I am in the same boat as most of us here on Head-Fi. 
wink_face.gif

My other point is that there will always be something new on the block that will be a must try (or buy) so if we already have decent gear with good synergies, then we should be prepared to be content with what we have and concentrate more on enjoying the moment and exploring more music.

L3000.gif
deadhorse.gif
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #17,277 of 20,136

My comments were somewhat wry, paradoxical, satirical and ironical as I am in the same boat as most of us here on Head-Fi. 
wink_face.gif

My other point is that there will always be something new on the block that will be a must try (or buy) so if we already have decent gear with good synergies, then we should be prepared to be content with what we have and concentrate more on enjoying the moment and exploring more music.

L3000.gif
deadhorse.gif
beerchug.gif

I agree, I try to stay away from new gear threads at times so I keep upgraditis at bay. it is only natural to want new toys if you keep reading about them. So I nip it in the bud :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back