1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. audio123
    Altmann Tera Player

Just received the Tera Player tonight!
    Listening with the Flat 4 Kaede, BSV Club in 24/96............this player is something special!
    It is a sound enamating from your Tera Player that uber Audiophiles try for many years to achieve in their home systems.
    Great ears!
    Regards,
    Gavin Chiu, Tralucent Audio

The sound quality of your Tera Player is very qood, the clarity and detail superb.
    I also have HM801 and Colorfull Colorfly C4, so I can compare your Tera and other player.
    I have several headphone like HD800, T1, LCD2, but mainly I using Beyer T5p, for IEM, I using AKG K3003 and Shure 535 LE.
    Cheers,
    Sem

If you are impatient to know what is my first overall impassion, here it is: Tera-Player is the Holy Grail of DAPs.
    But back to the course of events.
    I briefly tied the player with beyerdynamic Tesla T5P and - even shorter - with Sennheiser HD600 yesterday late at night, and just now - with Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas (but between HD 600 and HD 25 I replaced most compositions on the card).
    Apparently it accentuates the strengths of each of the phones, - keeping the weaknesses bearable.
    T5P was just amazing with Glenn Gould's piano recording and fine with the rest, HD 600 was fine with everything (lively, well paced, although 'compact' soundstage), and HD 25 had more PRaT than ever. On some compositions which employ early stereo tricks I could actually 'feel' where and how is placed the driver of T5P, - but that disappeared once the stereo mix was more natural.
    With best regards
    Rudolfs

Thank you and well done!  My Tera is just so musical.
    The AK240 I own is excellent but, when I want to listen to music close to the original, I now always go to my Tera.
    With all the best,
    Patrick (UK)m Japan
    Hi Charles,
    I'm thinking that you are God !
    I had challenged for the best sound quality, for example AK120, AK240, AK380, and many many portable amps, batteries, but these weren't satisfied with my ears !
    And, Always I backed your Tera, Tera is the best sound portable player !
    Therefore ,I can't wait for the latest Tera Stealth.
    You are exactly the best sounding God in the world .
    Thanks God !
    Best Regards Tsutomu

2. Brooko Contributor
    Unsubbing for a while - you guys know where to find me.

3. Light - Man
    We had some good times on the Lab, this one springs to mind: [​IMG]

Quote:

My Quote was:  I think we should run you as Rickey Mei and have DAT ASS as your Vice President, maybe Haku's Ass???

Originally Posted by Wokei [​IMG]

VOTE WOKEI FOR PRESIDENT

Quote:

Wokei's Quote:

That's it...nomination closed!

WORLD DOMINATION AGENDA
    - free coffee fór kids
    - government to supply free audio gears
    - music as means to unite the world
    - Hyuna concert all over the world
    - the rest....fill in the blanks

giphy3.gif

It looks like DAT ASS could make President after all? [​IMG] I hope Wokei is still in the running? [​IMG] 

4. Podster
    I'll vote for the .gif Master[​IMG]

So have any of you guys tried this thing:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cypher-labs-picollo?utm_placement=16&referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-04-07&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional
    [​IMG]

Curious about the 20 Triode amplification[​IMG] Seems pretty expensive!

5. twister6 Contributor

So you didn't hear HUM Pristine yet?  I got an impression you did already since you were replying with an authority [​IMG]

Based off Vince's measurement and description of Aria sound, I assume it has a smooth warm full body sound.

If you want to know how HUM Pristine sounds, I'll give you a clue [​IMG], which should be different from Aria:
    Untitled.png

As a disclaimer, I don't have or heard either Aria or Pristine, though I might get a chance to hear Pristine soon.  I only basing my assumption on reading Vince's review and talking to HUM guys.  Just want to be clear with my replies, lots of people reading this thread and I don't want others to be confused what is an assumption based on analyzing the graph versus someone who physically had a/b comparison and can share their first hand experience [​IMG]

6. HiFiChris Contributor
    blau_edit.jpg

Quiz Time

a) Who sees what I did there?

and

b) Who can name everything audio-related that is pictured?

7. audio123

this is tough.

a)
    Blue

b)
    IEMs:
    Ultimate Ears 200
    Ultimate Ears 900
    Ultimate Ears 900s
    Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10
    Fischer Amps FA-4E XB
    Fidue A83 OEM
    Lear NSU1
    Pai Audio MR3
    XiaoMi Piston

Cans:
    Sennheiser Amperior
    Koss Porta Pro
    Hifiman HE400
    Shure SRH440

DAPs:
    SanDisk Sansa Clip
    AGPTek C05
    AGPTek A06
    $1.49 MP3-Player

Audio:
    Miles Davis Kind Of Blue
    Lee Konitz Another Shade Of Blue

[​IMG] 

8. audio123
    Yes I have heard the HUM Pristine [​IMG]

9. HiFiChris Contributor

Whoa - really, really good my friend and so darn close! One is wrong though. [​IMG] 

On a side-note, I am thinking of doing a second round, but it would be way too much stuff to take out and back in just for a silly audio quiz photo. [​IMG] 

10. audio123

one of them reminds me of Empire Ears iem

11. HiFiChris Contributor

Nope, your mistake was not in the IEM list. [​IMG]

12. audio123

i did not refer to your list for the UE iems, Lear and Cans bc they r so obvious hehe

13. HiFiChris Contributor

Nonetheless you got one of them wrong. Totally wrong by the way. [​IMG] 

PS: What I meant was not the list on my profile but the list of pictured gear you made. And there lays the mistake which is not in the IEM section. One of the full-sized cans is totally wrong. [​IMG]

14. audio123

he400,amperior,kossporta are definitely right 100%

15. Podster
    Would the wrong one be Superlux HD562's in blue with felt pads?