The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #4,985 of 8,352
Quote:
Anyone knows of a replacement pad comfortable enough for long time listening without it looking ugly/stupid on the HA-S500?  
Stock pads really hurt after very short time.

Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #4,986 of 8,352
Quote:
Depends on your sound preference. If you want it to look good while having the best sound possible and increased comfort I would go with the ATH pleathers.

+1

ATH Pleathers and 2 vents taped is a winning combo! 
L3000.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #4,988 of 8,352
Quote:
I don't like the vents taped personally. But I also love the stock pads. :p

Why not?

I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #4,990 of 8,352
Quote:

Why not?

I went back to stock pads once for about 5 mins, was disappointed with the congested sound compared to ATH Pleathers.

I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4,992 of 8,352
Quote:
This. I just let my ears get used to the stock pad pressure, though they still hurt a little when putting off the phones after a longer session
wink.gif

I feel like the more I listen to them the more comfortable to pads get. I think it's the headband stretching out.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #4,993 of 8,352
Quote:
 I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.

The sound is better with the stock pads than with the HD25 velours, true. The comfort is better with the velours, but I don't find the stock pads all that uncomfortable except I know in the summer there will be sweaty ears. I just listened to them lying in bed with stock pads for two hours with no comfort issues.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #4,994 of 8,352
Quote:
I feel like the quantity of bass increases while the quality decreases. Maybe I'm just picky, but the texture just wasn't as good. I have the HM5 pads and although I love the comfort I think the stock pads have better sound. I still haven't gotten around to getting the ATH pleathers, maybe I should. I have the HD25 velours and I like the stock pads WAY better.

Hmm... I dont feel that it looses too much quality. Maybe a little bit of tighteness, thats all.

Good job I didin't go for the HD25 blue pleathers lol

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4,995 of 8,352
me too. i can wear stock pads all day long without comfort issues. but you can make velours sound similar to stock pads by stuffing them with Q-tips (cotton sticks) and tape two of the three vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back