The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #5,012 of 8,352
Quote:
CKN70+Trance=
eek.gif

Quote:
ES700 is indeed excellent for Trance. Especially vocal trance.

Wow, hmm... now I'm in a pickle... 
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #5,013 of 8,352
Both have somewhat of a similar sound signature and resolution so both are in deed excellent.. The CKN70 is roughly half price of the ES700 but I guarantee you will be the envy of your friends when your walking around with the ES700 on your head.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #5,014 of 8,352
Quote:

Wow, hmm... now I'm in a pickle... 
frown.gif

Honestly dude, I don't even have the ES700s, but I say if you have the money you should go for it. Also, listen to Dsnuts, he's the man :wink:

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #5,015 of 8,352
Honestly dude, I don't even have the ES700s, but I say if you have the money you should go for it. Also, listen to Dsnuts, he's the man :wink:

Haha I don't have the money that's the problem lol

I'm closer to buying the CKN70s at the moment. Just interested how they would compare to the Yamahas.

Btw, I always listen to DSnuts haha... But he is and always will be a bad influence on my wallet.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #5,016 of 8,352
Quote:
Haha I don't have the money that's the problem lol

I'm closer to buying the CKN70s at the moment. Just interested how they would compare to the Yamahas.

Btw, I always listen to DSnuts haha... But he is and always will be a bad influence on my wallet.

I was saving up for the FXZ200s and I caved and just bought the CKN70s. I'm definitely not regretting that decision because they are less than half the price.

I don't know if I should say this, it's a little risky, but after some solid burn in these might beat my S500s... They already are better than the S500s for electronic music in my opinion.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #5,017 of 8,352
Hey Dsnuts, Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been trying to sift thru alot of your postings to find your recommendations for a cheap amp to pair with the ELE Dac. TIA Now back to loving these little carbon nanotube cans.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #5,018 of 8,352
I was saving up for the FXZ200s and I caved and just bought the CKN70s. I'm definitely not regretting that decision because they are less than half the price.

I don't know if I should say this, it's a little risky, but after some solid burn in these might beat my S500s... They already are better than the S500s for electronic music in my opinion.

Hmm I might just do the same, at their current price they seem to be a steal. At the same time though I find it hard to believe that they could be better than the Yamahas. Which almost twice the price of the ATH.

Hey Dsnuts, Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been trying to sift thru alot of your postings to find your recommendations for a cheap amp to pair with the ELE Dac. TIA Now back to loving these little carbon nanotube cans.

You should take a look at the C&C BH amp mate, it's a little beauty that beats the FiiO E11 with a stick haha

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #5,019 of 8,352
Quote:

Im using E11 to pair with ELE DAC at home, same as dsnuts.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #5,020 of 8,352
I never felt I needed an amp with the ELE DAC paired with HA-S500, there's more volume that I'll ever need. 1/2 volume is actually too loud already...
Is there another reason why you add an amp with HA-S500+ELE DAC?

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #5,021 of 8,352
Have you guys heard of the HA S650s? I have them, very nice headphones, apparently an older experiment by JVC in using carbon diaphragms, but the OP doesn't mention these among the list of the lesser carbon headphones. I think they are very good.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,022 of 8,352
Quote:
I never felt I needed an amp with the ELE DAC paired with HA-S500, there's more volume that I'll ever need. 1/2 volume is actually too loud already...
Is there another reason why you add an amp with HA-S500+ELE DAC?

if amp has a volume control, the pairing works cause, as you noticed, the ELE DAC only has one loud setting. you get the usual benefits of amping and volume control. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #5,023 of 8,352
Hey guys, try cranking this up a bit (I hope I didn't hurt myself! lol) on your S500s!! I tried ot see hwo high I could handle mine and they literally vibrated off my ears, no distortion. Wow 
basshead.gif

Oooooo Mmmyyyyeeeaahh Gaaawwwwddd
I almost committed suicide to my ear drums!
Excellent bass track!
Haha I don't have the s500 but this is perfect track to burn headphones for real lol.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #5,024 of 8,352
For getting the most out of the s500..
This is what I think are the best usb/dac in there class..
Ele dac ($15) <<< HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC ($50) <<< Meridian Explorer ($300) ..
Everything else falls in between with diminished value for the money.
Correct me if I wrong.
:)

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #5,025 of 8,352
Quote:
if amp has a volume control, the pairing works cause, as you noticed, the ELE DAC only has one loud setting. you get the usual benefits of amping and volume control. 

Ok, but I usually use ELE Dac on laptop and control volume with windows volume, granted a physical volume is better.
Does reducing volume in windows actually degrade the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back