The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #271 of 8,352
Ace of Bicycles shipped mine from Hong Kong Today also!  my JVC-S500 are on their way in gunmetal finish!
i am very excited, and thanks to Jsnuts and everyone on this threat for a truly interesting conversation!.
Thats very interesting that woman are more accurate to sound discernment than men!...
i think we all learn how to listen more carefully and deeply  as we get deep into this headphone/earphone
quest for more perfect or exciting sound.....

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #272 of 8,352
Quote:
Ace of Bicycles shipped mine from Hong Kong Today also!  my JVC-S500 are on their way in gunmetal finish!
i am very excited, and thanks to Jsnuts and everyone on this threat for a truly interesting conversation!.
Thats very interesting that woman are more accurate to sound discernment than men!...
i think we all learn how to listen more carefully and deeply  as we get deep into this headphone/earphone
quest for more perfect or exciting sound.....

Couldn't have said it better myself ...........
haha it's all down hill from here $$$$$ flowing out like a broken dam of no repair.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #273 of 8,352
Its not an addiction, its a quest!  we all have to remember to actually listen to the MUSIC and the performances through our new headphones. Its so exciting to revisit recordings heard on less revealing gear that becomes new again with more detail or emotional power!  to get to that audiophile
nirvana experience where the music takes over and we are hearing the communication not just the sound, with synesthesia, story telling and
kosmic patterns, whatever your genre of music liking, is worth the effort and resources!  and do so in the privacy and majesty of your own head
instead of a concert mob scene is priceless.  and this is said by someone who produces concerts and does audiophile speaker listening!!!
The advancement of ear/headphone technology aesthetics and sound quality in the last year is just astounding!  to be able to hear what we
are able to hear on equipment selling from 6$ to a few hundred dollars is truly amazing given the cost of doing so on the macro scale in the very expensive high end audio world of 15K speakers and above. The carbon nano technology is a gift from the audio gods.  By the way, an interesting question, is there a patron saint of audio or spirit that divinely inspires audio?

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #274 of 8,352
The S500 arrived.

OMG what am I listening to? This coming from a cheap and small portable headphone?

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #276 of 8,352
These sound nothing like portables. Full size cans quality here.

With burn in, I fear the possibility that my Denon D2000(wood cups) will be collecting dust. No competition here for me. The S500 are a step or two above the Denon in terms of.... everything.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #277 of 8,352
@cyloh: Could you please comment on general comparison with SHE3580 that are at the moment in my ears. I am fully aware nanotubes should be vastly better, particularly in treble. Using Sinegen I checked SHE3580 to be good down approximately to about 26 Hz - if I streeeeetch it maybe to 20Hz, but that is on the very border of audible. Still, this kind of performance in bass is rare regardless of cost, let alone price SHE3580 goes for.

I used Sinegen at -20 dB setting, so that actual loudness must have been around 90 dB for this test.

Any comment on music you were using with your brand new nanotubes? Take your time with the answer, enjoy your new acquisition in peace.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #278 of 8,352
Quote:
These sound nothing like portables. Full size cans quality here.

With burn in, I fear the possibility that my Denon D2000(wood cups) will be collecting dust. No competition here for me. The S500 are a step or two above the Denon in terms of.... everything.

I know alot of people lament these are on ears, but I like that truly portable (and cheap!) cans are getting this kind of response.  

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #280 of 8,352
Hey congrats cyloh now you know first hand what I am talking about. haha. A bit shocking ain't it?..Burn in tightens up that sound if you can imagine that. The bass on open box was a tad bloaty for me. I am happy to report that goes completely away.. So you got some work cut out for you. Enjoy and tell it how you hear it.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #281 of 8,352
Dsnuts, get some of the grado circumaural pads, and let me know how it sounds, please.

:)

Also, I think there's some older sennheiser circumaurals that fit 40mm

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #282 of 8,352
I have the Sennheiser HD25 Velours coming in soon. Though I got a message about how those have the same smaller stage properties as the stock pleather pads on the HD25. But I will try them out and see how they work. I was looking at those grado pads too. Those might work but first thing first I gotta try these HD25 velours. Will report back once I get them.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #283 of 8,352
OMG OMG OMG, you guys gonna hate me for this.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-Portable-Headphones-HA-S500-B/dp/B008FWB9TQ/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2JIDN7ZKR5243&ie=UTF8&qid=1344530567&sr=1-1&keywords=JVC+HA-S500

GO GO GO!!!

WoW expedited shipping is only for $5 more, damn should have gotten that instead, oh well was too excited by that price. Price mistake? LoL
Let the wait begin.....

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #284 of 8,352
Quote:
OMG OMG OMG, you guys going hate me for this.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-Portable-Headphones-HA-S500-B/dp/B008FWB9TQ/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2JIDN7ZKR5243&ie=UTF8&qid=1344530567&sr=1-1&keywords=JVC+HA-S500

GO GO GO!!!

$23.55 + $23.55 shipping? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back