The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #21,106 of 22,511
Zzzzzz, so it's just to this specific forum? Well, how the heck should a user know that some links are ok and some are not... I will edit it... Thanks.
Going back to topic: You did write that the bass got even better with the TC, so that's something i might want. In terms of resolution i don't care that much.
Yup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't really care about resolution that much I'd maybe stick with what you have for now, and just try to get ears on a TC in the future if you have the chance. You can always increase bass via EQ or the pad seal amount also.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #21,107 of 22,511
Checking in with fellow users, how often do you change the earpads ?
is it routine change for you (i.e. every year even without visible wear/tear) ?
I believe headpad less tendency for us to change, as it just rest at top of head.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #21,108 of 22,511
Checking in with fellow users, how often do you change the earpads ?
is it routine change for you (i.e. every year even without visible wear/tear) ?
I believe headpad less tendency for us to change, as it just rest at top of head.
i changed mine after 1.5 years.

Jan 21, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #21,109 of 22,511
i changed mine after 1.5 years.
I waited til the goo started coming out of the ear pads, near year 3 :beyersmile:

I think you did it right. 1.5 to 2 years is probably best

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #21,110 of 22,511
I would say that also heavily depends how much you use it / if you have other headphones you cycle trough. If it's your daily driver (mine is atm the Utopia) then fresh pads after 2 years are probably the right choice. Alltough i'm not looking forward paying 475€ + shipping + taxes + import duties LOL, so i will definitively prolong that.

Jan 22, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #21,113 of 22,511
Yup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't really care about resolution that much I'd maybe stick with what you have for now, and just try to get ears on a TC in the future if you have the chance. You can always increase bass via EQ or the pad seal amount also.
I reread your review and how to use the zmf pads. Sounds like an interesting idea and will have to try this.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #21,114 of 22,511
I reread your review and how to use the zmf pads. Sounds like an interesting idea and will have to try this.
Worth experimenting with. I'm curious about the Ether Angled Pads I have, I'll that once in home in a couple weeks and see how they work also. Tbh though, I'd only do it if you are struggling with comfort, the original pads still sound the best out of the ones I've tried. Very worth trying if comfort is a problem though.

Jan 25, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #21,115 of 22,511
Gotcha! In my humble estimation, the TC can bring to the table more meat and kick in the mid-to low end for Susvara lovers who tend to find it a bit too smooth (or even "dull") for some tracks on occasion. Conversely, the Susvara's relatively calmer/smoother/gentler presentation might prove to be a more soothing/comforting alternative if/when the more aggressive footprint of the TC ever becomes a little intense of an assault to bear or even fatiguing. I also feel like saying something about how they both handle soundstage but can't find the words to nail down the difference in precise enough terms at the moment. Still, I guess what I am saying is that the two cans complement each other well when driven properly and fed the right sources. On each side of the fence, convolution filters can bring additional more or less interesting sound configurations and variations as customized and desired by the user.
Hi, I have both at the moment. The above comments I find fairly accurate. These two are among the best out there and it’s up to your preference and musical taste. I find the Susvara near perfect at times but can lack fun, excitement in the music with tracks that slam Compared to the 1266’s. On the other hand the vocals and midrange on the Susvara put you in the studio. You can go crazy comparing these they are both so good. You have to try and hear both if you can, your preferences in music will be the deciding factor I think mostly . Just know you can’t go wrong with either……you wont be disappointed With either but the 1266 is quite unique and I think more fun with tracks that slam more….Some great you tube reviews on these..the amplify channel especially

Jan 25, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #21,116 of 22,511
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #21,118 of 22,511
The more I listen to them, the more I like them
this headphone is comfortable with every kind of music! a bit less with my neck!!
unfortunately, due to this, cannot be the only ones..

by the way
Capture.JPG

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #21,120 of 22,511

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back