The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 24, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #22,501 of 22,596
I find it sounding unnatural and strange this way. I much prefer controlling the subwoofer bass by leaving a gap at the back. You tilt it inwards and this way you also focus the stage in front of you rather than behind. That’s always my default tilt position
I do it similarly or angled with gap towards the bottom back
How are your pads oriented? Thick part on the bottom back?

May 24, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #22,502 of 22,596

I also wanted to know what position is 3 o'clock, the thick part in front?

May 24, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #22,503 of 22,596
May 24, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #22,504 of 22,596
I got a new Norne cable today and what great cable it is! The ergonomics of the stock JPS cable were not for me, so I went with this one.

SkygqqK.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #22,505 of 22,596
Correct, too uncomfortable at the temples the other way around.

May 24, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #22,506 of 22,596
I got a new Norne cable today and what great cable it is! The ergonomics of the stock JPS cable were not for me, so I went with this one.

SkygqqK.jpg
Looks stellar! What model is it? Thick 8w looks good on 1266, any comments on the sound?

If you want to know the pad position mentioned, I would rotate one notch up (so that the stitch is one step higher). Then bend the headband slightly in the other way, so that the drivers are angled towards me. Then with the width it’s possible to control bass with the gap at the back. Works for my head at least

May 24, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #22,507 of 22,596
Looks stellar! What model is it? Thick 8w looks good on 1266, any comments on the sound?

If you want to know the pad position mentioned, I would rotate one notch up (so that the stitch is one step higher). Then bend the headband slightly in the other way, so that the drivers are angled towards me. Then with the width it’s possible to control bass with the gap at the back. Works for my head at least
Thanks- It's called the Drausk 17.6 AWG in clear copper. Sound- Excellent, but I'm not exactly sure that it's any different than the great sound quality I had with the stock cable. I'll likely do a proper multi-day brain burn-in, get used to this cable, and swap on the JPS stock cable to see if can hear any difference. Measurement data I've seen on-line says no difference, but I'll also hear for myself to see what I conclude.

Thanks for the tip on the pads. I'll give it a go.

May 25, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #22,508 of 22,596
Sound- Excellent, but I'm not exactly sure that it's any different than the great sound quality I had with the stock cable. I'll likely do a proper multi-day brain burn-in, get used to this cable, and swap on the JPS stock cable to see if can hear any difference
To me the stock sounds shrill in the mids. I’m always trying to get natural filled vocals out of TC. Probably will go with superconductor for that eventually

May 25, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #22,509 of 22,596
Hi all !
Need some help please : I have lost one of the O ring connector from the SuperConductor cable (the white little one) and don’t know which size or where to find this ?
Did someone here had the same issue with it ?
Thanks

May 25, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #22,510 of 22,596
Hi all !
Need some help please : I have lost one of the O ring connector from the SuperConductor cable (the white little one) and don’t know which size or where to find this ?
Did someone here had the same issue with it ?
Thanks
I forget the original size but you can replace it easily

someone has posted this link in the past and you can customize the o-rings to your desire
https://www.globalindustrial.ca/c/plumbing/gaskets_seals_orings/orings/bunan_orings

my comprehension failed im sure someone can get an answer for the superconductor cable........I was posting about the headphone o-rings

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #22,512 of 22,596
FYI we've had a few people email us anticipating a new AB1266. For the record, we're currently not working on this, too many other projects. ABYSS_SMILEY_tiny.png

woo_audio_wa33_jps_edition.jpg
I noticed that in your YouTube video on the Diana DZ, you guys mentioned that the DZ sounds kinda like a 1266 but with a compact form factor. If that's the case then most of us probably won't even need a new 1266 because the comfort and form factor on the DZ alone will be a big upgrade. How similar is the DZ sound compared to the 1266?

May 29, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #22,513 of 22,596
I noticed that in your YouTube video on the Diana DZ, you guys mentioned that the DZ sounds kinda like a 1266 but with a compact form factor. If that's the case then most of us probably won't even need a new 1266 because the comfort and form factor on the DZ alone will be a big upgrade. How similar is the DZ sound compared to the 1266?
You’re going to have to put it on your head to find out.
😎

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back