The Audio Lounge
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #1,381 of 36,151
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #1,383 of 36,151
yeah hermes is like 1 grand, and Athena and zeus just pile up after that.

Hmmm an affordable ADEL would be nice for you! and other tinnitus listeners happy!

Yeah, I was negociating with someone for a U8 with M-20 Apex module off the buy and sell section, but guy's been MIA for 10 days. :frowning2:

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,384 of 36,151
Thanks alot! Looks neat, I am extremely excited for that, sounds like what I'm after. Btw noticed you have the Jupiter instead of the Lyra now? What happened? Haha.
A nice headfier sold me Jupiters for $380 USD. Very good condition but it's non-Cerakote version.

I sold my Lyra II to a great fellow on headfi, I think he's a better home for them.
Reason is I want the Andromeda. I'm looking for exactly what Jupiter can deliver. From Awesome Treble, to Awesome Bass but not too much bass. But fantastic soundstage and imaging.

Problem is this. Lyra II = Fiio x5III and Cayin i5.
You have a slightly warm sound + smoothed treble and intimate mids. At first it's a fantastic soundsignature. But if you listen to too many AK4490 products. It goes into mega Warmth, and mega smoothed up top. Das Nasty.
But I love Lyra II always. It's what brought me to CA in first place.

Jupiter has a bigger stage, but vocals and mids are not milky way soft plushyness. But incredibly detail can be had, I mean microdetails!

Andromeda will give more of that. Problem is not, I'm in a dilemma. Empire Ears Athena V-III is like Lyra II in Goddess on LSD mode. It's super musical while having a much bigger 3D soundstage frontsides and wide open.
So I don't know

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #1,385 of 36,151
A nice headfier sold me Jupiters for $380 USD. Very good condition but it's non-Cerakote version.

I sold my Lyra II to a great fellow on headfi, I think he's a better home for them.
Reason is I want the Andromeda. I'm looking for exactly what Jupiter can deliver. From Awesome Treble, to Awesome Bass but not too much bass. But fantastic soundstage and imaging.

Problem is this. Lyra II = Fiio x5III and Cayin i5.
You have a slightly warm sound + smoothed treble and intimate mids. At first it's a fantastic soundsignature. But if you listen to too many AK4490 products. It goes into mega Warmth, and mega smoothed up top. Das Nasty.
But I love Lyra II always. It's what brought me to CA in first place.

Jupiter has a bigger stage, but vocals and mids are not milky way soft plushyness. But incredibly detail can be had, I mean microdetails!

Andromeda will give more of that. Problem is not, I'm in a dilemma. Empire Ears Athena V-III is like Lyra II in Goddess on LSD mode. It's super musical while having a much bigger 3D soundstage frontsides and wide open.
So I don't know

My new dream is to have your problems and your bank account for a week. :D haha

Good night my favorite thread! See you all tomorrow! Oh and welcome back to that special person who recently joined up. :wink: You know who you are.

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,386 of 36,151
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,392 of 36,151
Interesting... I must have been dreaming then when looking at the Icarus I page, what specs I have seen. Thank You to all of you for the time and effort taken to answer my query... remains to be seen what the Icarus I will be...

Wasn't the pic below posted on their instagram as the Icarus 1? I could see how someone would think it had DAP capabilities. I honestly have no clue what the Icarus I will be, or if it ever will be at all. Oh well, worst case scenario, I'm out $12, lol.

Výstřižek.JPG

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,394 of 36,151
Wasn't the pic below posted on their instagram as the Icarus 1? I could see how someone would think it had DAP capabilities. I honestly have no clue what the Icarus I will be, or if it ever will be at all. Oh well, worst case scenario, I'm out $12, lol.

Always been the Icarus II. There is a rendering of the Icarus I that was posted next to this one on the Trinity Instagram page. Removed unfortunately.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #1,395 of 36,151
Pre Box S2 Digital - Box Design by Pro-Ject Audio Systems

Been looking at one of these today...very interesting

Were you able to find a Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital to buy, or were you just reading about it? Looks like a powerful, versatile little box! PCM to 32/768, DSD 512 plus maybe 1024, and MQA of some kind too. USB/coax/optical in, headphone + preamp out. USB line noise filtering and anti-jitter reclocking. Only 103 x 37 x 122 mm (~4.1" x 1.4" x 4.8" WxHxD). Runs off your USB power or a separate low voltage supply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back