The Audio Lounge
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,411 of 36,209
Aug 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,418 of 36,209
Looks interesting. Another to put on my list for consideration. It joins the new Schiit Jil. The Schiit goes to 24/192 and isn't a headphone amp. But Mike Moffatt has more experience with digital than almost anyone. Half the price also.

Either way, ripping vinyl is more work than CDs. A lot more time consuming. Not sure I can bring myself to start such a project.

http://www.schiit.com/products/jil

I am looking to rip a bunch of vinyl and like Schiit stuff. Thanks for update here. It's just so time consuming, not sure I'll ever have the time...just hard to get started, once I'll get into it, it should prove worthwhile as some of the stuff I have on vinyl I don't have anywhere else.

I love Schiit product names. Ripping vinyl? It's not Jack the Ripper, it's Jil. How hygge.

But back to our original topic, the Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital should be interesting to folks in this thread because it's like a portable Schitt Modi/Magni stack-in-a-box, with the ability to run off of the USB power of your laptop. Most IEM users will need a 1/4" to 1/8" (3.5 mm) adapter though. As an added benefit it has heretical features likely to bring down the wrath of the Aesir upon us: DSD and MQA decoding. ; - )

[ Edit: tag @majo123 ]

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,419 of 36,209
Strange, it's cheaper to order from their store or penon, than from advanced mp3 players in the UK (111,90€ incl. tax vs. 126,56€).

@Karendar Thx for the link

Hm, want the IMR R1 too... decisions, decisions

Why buy from a middle man when you can buy straight from the source? :wink:

And yeah... I'd want the IMR R1 too. :\ If they promised me it wouldn't worsen my tinnitus.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,422 of 36,209
I love Schiit product names. Ripping vinyl? It's not Jack the Ripper, it's Jil. How hygge.

But back to our original topic, the Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital should be interesting to folks in this thread because it's like a portable Schitt Modi/Magni stack-in-a-box, with the ability to run off of the USB power of your laptop. Most IEM users will need a 1/4" to 1/8" (3.5 mm) adapter though. As an added benefit it has heretical features likely to bring down the wrath of the Aesir upon us: DSD and MQA decoding. ; - )

[ Edit: tag @majo123 ]

Yep mqa decoding not many out there ..well that cheap anyway ,but all still new to me still reading about it so don't ask for any info, just know it's supposed to outshine every other format , and small storage and hi res streaming capability.
But as I said don't quote me still pretty new to me and not read much.

Any more knowledge on this appreciated!

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #1,425 of 36,209
@JustBobski i know you can't comment about your previous life but how would you compare TA hunters to your new R1? High probability that I'll be canceling that order soon.

I won't offer my personal opinion other than I know which I would choose. :)

Not because the other is bad as it's not but it's not what I want from an in ear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back