The Audio Lounge
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #17,297 of 36,020
Thanks @Podster and @Midgetguy . They are connected and in phase. The blue dot is actually facing down toward the ear tip on each while in my ear. If they were meant to point up toward the top of my ear I could change them but is inverted polarity audible? Would have been easier if the cable had formed over ear guides but I wanted to try one that just wraps around. Balanced 16 core.

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #17,298 of 36,020
Where do you sit? Lol

haha.. that was for the photo. We can always sit. We watch a lot of tv series while sitting on that little sofa. The 10 toiletry bags of that style are in the bottom of my wardrobe. Actually three are open on the bed at the moment because I was looking for a certain iem. I plan to make a list of what is in each bag. The bags have bits of colored tape on the handle to differentiate them.

Don't ask if anyone can ever sit on the dining room chairs... or the two little tub chairs in the living room.

Sofa for the stuff, chairs for them. lol

The opposite.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #17,300 of 36,020
Thanks!Yes I'm taking an about upper management roll at a company in San Diego but I'll be working remotely for a few years from my home in Utah until my kids graduate from highschool. So I'll be traveling a lot.

How about that, my 17 year old is on Senior trip in San Diego right now! Went to the Padres game the other night (Nationals got them 5-2) and went to LA today for site seeing:grin:

Polarity not so much but phase for sure but of course one drives the other!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #17,302 of 36,020
Thanks!Yes I'm taking an about upper management roll at a company in San Diego but I'll be working remotely for a few years from my home in Utah until my kids graduate from highschool. So I'll be traveling a lot.
So heading home at some point? Whenever I visit I am amazed that it is starting to get run down like LA. I left in 85 and a whole ot has changed but go back quite often if for nothing else to fly out of Lindbergh Field to HI.

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #17,303 of 36,020
Well for a young lad who's grown up in Little Rock it's going to be an eye opener for sure:thinking:

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #17,304 of 36,020
So heading home at some point? Whenever I visit I am amazed that it is starting to get run down like LA. I left in 85 and a whole ot has changed but go back quite often if for nothing else to fly out of Lindbergh Field to HI.
I should be moving there in mid-2021. It will be great to get back to being a beach bum. :ksc75smile:

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #17,305 of 36,020
I should be moving there in mid-2021. It will be great to get back to being a beach bum. :ksc75smile:

Fortunately that is the one thing that's stayed constant:wink:

They stayed right on it and met a new buddy first day:grin:

Beachy.JPG

Beach Buddy.JPG

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #17,308 of 36,020
So towards each other...and your face
Yup, my dots point the same way I look.

May 2018...13 months ago. These are iems. There were also two cases of buds. Since then.... two more of these for iems and two more for buds plus a couple in a different style for the overflow... one of them just full of the earbuds that Panda has made.

He uses metal flight cases. These are toiletry bags. Don't ask how many times we have refilled the lable machine.

I gradually bought all the bags in this style that Amazon had... they were a really good deal. Each time I thought it would be my last...

But you don't have 3-4 cables for each of those though right? Or is that a whole 'nother set of baggage we don't see in the photo :p

Thanks @Podster and @Midgetguy . They are connected and in phase. The blue dot is actually facing down toward the ear tip on each while in my ear. If they were meant to point up toward the top of my ear I could change them but is inverted polarity audible? Would have been easier if the cable had formed over ear guides but I wanted to try one that just wraps around. Balanced 16 core.
They point forward when the IEMs are in my ears. That's how it's worked for my IEMs so far at least. So either I've got it right and they sound good or I have it wrong and they sound good, but could be a different world of better :D

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #17,309 of 36,020
But you don't have 3-4 cables for each of those though right? Or is that a whole 'nother set of baggage we don't see in the photo :p

No, probably more of my iems have fixed cables than don't... and I only have a few buds with removable cables. Often I keep the stock cable even if it is removable. I only change it if something is bothering me... like ergonomics or microphonics... or I want to use balanced with a particular one. If I use a balanced cable I do use an adapter because I do not want to wear out the fragile connections by taking them in and out a lot.

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #17,310 of 36,020
Midge, sounds just the opposite of how I've found mine to go but I do think they can be different for different iem's. Best to always do phase testing to be sure especially if a manufacturer does not provide detailed pin out info.

Seems like we are not helping much MB!

Yes I just reread yours and I think I did it his way.. but either way they would be in phase... assuming everything is wired correctly. Mine are in phase. Some would nitpick and say the polarity might be reversed but I don't know if there is a test for that. I was assuming the blue dot was positive. Here is a crappy photo but if you zoom in you can see the dot. you can also see the red on the cable connector indicating it is the right (confirmed by the manufacturer). No preformed ear guides (there were on the stock cable). The shells are not marked at all but with this style of iem they can only go in one way... unless you have really weird ears.

10304833.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back