The Audio Lounge
Jun 11, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #17,311 of 36,106
Yes I just reread yours and I think I did it his way.. but either way they would be in phase... assuming everything is wired correctly. Mine are in phase. Some would nitpick and say the polarity might be reversed but I don't know if there is a test for that. I was assuming the blue dot was positive. Here is a crappy photo but if you zoom in you can see the dot. you can also see the red on the cable connector indicating it is the right (confirmed by the manufacturer). No preformed ear guides (there were on the stock cable). The shells are not marked at all but with this style of iem they can only go in one way... unless you have really weird ears.

10304833.jpg

Well if it works it works, if I learned anything with this crazy hobby there are always variables:grin: nice looking iem’s:slight_smile:

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #17,312 of 36,106
Well if it works it works, if I learned anything with this crazy hobby there are always variables:grin: nice looking iem’s:slight_smile:

That is the TRN X6 that everyone hates but me.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #17,313 of 36,106
Well in the hobby it’s truly in the ear of the beholder! Why I always say we all hear them differently, even those who hear similarly even hear them differently. All that matters is that you enjoy it:beerchug:

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #17,314 of 36,106
Well in the hobby it’s truly in the ear of the beholder! Why I always say we all hear them differently, even those who hear similarly even hear them differently. All that matters is that you enjoy it:beerchug:

Well we were told it needed a long burn in and a balanced after market cable...and to listen at lower volume levels. I think I am the only one who has done that. Also, it is purposely mid-centric... and yet there is enough treble and plenty of bass for me. But then I don't listen to EDM or Hip Hop.

They are 55 ohm which I think is high for an iem.

Oh , and a good seal is critical... I am using Symbio peels.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #17,318 of 36,106
If I sell any of my gear I'm going to pick one up.
New purchase alert, I sent an email to Advanced MP3 Players asking for stock info on a product and got a reply, "sometime this week" then I got a reply an hour later:

"Good news, I have just booked them into stock as they arrived 10 minutes ago"

Ordered! :)

Guess what it is.

I'm guessing that it begins with a letter and ends in a number.. M i right? :p

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #17,319 of 36,106

Almost everything begins with a letter and ends in a number... especially DAPs

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #17,320 of 36,106
Almost everything begins with a letter and ends in a number... especially DAPs

Lol, yeah, but the "M i right?"/(Am I right?) was a hint that I thought it was an M11.

EDIT: But apparently I was wrong, lol.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #17,321 of 36,106

I think the cat is out of the bag, yes its the Cayin N6ii. To me it looks like a great device, the only things missing that I would like are two micro SD card slots and MQA support. But I'm sure I can work around those omissions.

According to other's impressions it should pair nicely with my UE 18+ Pro IEM.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #17,322 of 36,106
I think the cat is out of the bag, yes its the Cayin N6ii. To me it looks like a great device, the only things missing that I would like are two micro SD card slots and MQA support. But I'm sure I can work around those omissions.

According to other's impressions it should pair nicely with my UE 18+ Pro IEM.
very nice my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back