The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 12, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #5,806 of 6,859

Can Anyone identify these menu buttons? So far I haven't been able to find any info on them.
AirPlay is the first one "unknown" and DLNA is the second.

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #5,808 of 6,859

Can Anyone identify these menu buttons? So far I haven't been able to find any info on them.

My settings shortcut menu does not look like yours. Is that the customer firmware?

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #5,810 of 6,859
I updated the firmware first thing so I don't know what the menu looked like before that.
I´m on the latest 3.3 firmware version and I don´t have that menu options either.

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #5,812 of 6,859
Sep 14, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,815 of 6,859
Thank you for your response. I wish you were right, but currently the connector is so tight that I’m afraid I could break the weak 2.5mm jack. I’ll be careful these days.

If you are worried, you could always send it back to us for inspection :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I don’t really notice any sound improvement through the balanced output apart from the higher power.
That's what our engineer tells us too--just more power along with some reduction in crosstalk and distortion from levels that were already too good for anybody to hear.

Perhaps your ears are just too rational and realistic :laughing:

On the other hand, the Tidal app is very very basic. I wish Hiby improves its options in next firmware updates.

:head_bandage: what options are you missing the most?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #5,816 of 6,859
If I may have one - an alphabetical sorting of artists is the most wanted. I couldn't believe I didn't find such obvious option.

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #5,817 of 6,859
If you are worried, you could always send it back to us for inspection :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the offer, but I´m afraid that just an inspection will not solve the poor quality problem of the 2.5mm jack output. I currently own 3 DAPs with 2.5mm output (AK380, Ibasso DX200 and OPUS#1) and their 2.5mm connection has nothing to do with the one I found in the Hiby R3. Maybe it is a unfair comparation, since the price of these DAPs are much higher than the Hiby R3 price, but I´ve tried other DAPs like Fiio X3-III and I´ve never felt worried about the possibility of breaking the 2.5mm jack of my earphones.

This is my first Hiby product and, sincerely, I´m a little bit dissapointed.

That's what our engineer tells us too--just more power along with some reduction in crosstalk and distortion from levels that were already too good for anybody to hear. Perhaps your ears are just too rational and realistic :laughing:
I don´t own other similar price DAPs to compare with the Hiby R3, so I don´t know if the balanced output is better or worse implemented. In fact, that was the reason I bought the R3. I needed a smaller and cheaper DAP with balanced output for travelling and the R3 was modern and had good comments. But comparing the 2.5 and 3.5mm outputs I can definitively say that, with my 64 Audio U18 earphones, I can feel the sound better controlled and with a darker backgroud through the 3.5 mm output. These are not the IEMs I´m going to pair with the R3, but for testing purposes they are the most revealing ones I own. And centaintly they have revealed me many things about the sound quality of this DAP.

There are still some things that could be improved and options to be added, for example:
- It is not possible to add songs, albums or artists to favourites. The only possibility is to add songs to a playlist
- Within a song options, the "view album" option opens a pop-up with the text "File format not supported".
- It is not possible to see all the albums of one artist. The search by artists shows all the songs directly.
- I know that currently it is not possible to allow offline Tidal content out of Android/IOS Tidal app, but maybe in the future you could implement this option.

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #5,818 of 6,859
Thanks for the offer, but I´m afraid that just an inspection will not solve the poor quality problem of the 2.5mm jack output. I currently own 3 DAPs with 2.5mm output (AK380, Ibasso DX200 and OPUS#1) and their 2.5mm connection has nothing to do with the one I found in the Hiby R3. Maybe it is a unfair comparation, since the price of these DAPs are much higher than the Hiby R3 price, but I´ve tried other DAPs like Fiio X3-III and I´ve never felt worried about the possibility of breaking the 2.5mm jack of my earphones.

I have 2.5mm headphones and I've never worried about breaking them in the r3 jack either. I do think you have a bad sample.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back