The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 31, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,551 of 6,859
Firmware 3.2 Custom

3.2 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.2 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
6. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
8. all binary files have been striped,
9. optimized all *png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback after player is turning on (you should add in the root of sd card file key_settings.conf with "autoplay=1" line).

Last update: 31.05.2019

May 31, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #5,552 of 6,859
Firmware 3.2 Custom

3.2 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.2 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
6. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
8. all binary files have been striped,
9. optimized all *png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback after player is turning on (you should add in the root of sd card file key_settings.conf with "autoplay=1" line).

Last update: 31.05.2019
Thanks Snoop.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #5,554 of 6,859
If you go to top right icon in main screen "jump to track playing" when you swipe back to view the source of the track it should go back to source/album instead it goes to root ?

root/artist/album/track

it should follow this route regardless when you swipe back from play screen

instead you get

root

@Joe Bloggs can you sort out this last bit please

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #5,555 of 6,859
Thank you, Snoopy for these amazing customizations.

Firmware 3.2 Custom

Looks like the Chinese radio stations are still there, but everything else seems to be working!

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #5,556 of 6,859
Looks like the Chinese radio stations are still there, but everything else seems to be working!

Yes, it's rather inconvenient moment, but I did it to save yours Favourites radio stations after updating firmware... If you have Chinese stations now, you should to restore default settings from menu.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #5,558 of 6,859
If you go to top right icon in main screen "jump to track playing" when you swipe back to view the source of the track it should go back to source/album instead it goes to root ?

root/artist/album/track

it should follow this route regardless when you swipe back from play screen

instead you get

root

@Joe Bloggs can you sort out this last bit please
I'm asking about it.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #5,559 of 6,859
Crash with latest firmware. When set as ldac high, then connecting jabra 65 (SBC) crashes the r3. Have to manually set it to sbc first.

edit..
r3 has to be set as sbc or it crashes.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #5,561 of 6,859
Same here, anything but SBC crashes the player as soon as I press play on any audio file (mp3 or FLAC). Probably should have had it set to SBC anyway for my Funcl W1 earbuds, but not good that it just crashes if you don't have the right codec.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #5,562 of 6,859
Weird problem with 3.2 custom. Every time I switch the player off and on, I have to select a song to start with.
The song I was playing before is not remembered. When I swipe right, I get an empty screen showing "Hiby Music".

I had to reset the player due to the issue with Chinese radio stations mentioned above.

I was used to the last played song continuing from where it was when I switched off (auto switch off with sleep timer usually, but the same goes when I manually switch off).

Jun 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #5,563 of 6,859
Every time I switch the player off and on, I have to select a song to start with.

Which item is selected in the section “Resume play from last”? Track? You want to play tracks from sd card? For me track and position work as it should. May be something wrong with database?

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #5,564 of 6,859
Which item is selected in the section “Resume play from last”? Track? You want to play tracks from sd card? For me track and position work as it should. May be something wrong with database?
Ah, forgot about that whole setting, which was of course lost during the reset.
Thanks, solved.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5,565 of 6,859
Quick question: Why is the L/R balance control greyed out when using the digital output? As someone who relies on a balance control for most playback, this drives me crazy. And limits me to devices with a working Rockbox port when using an external DAC.

I'm not aware of a single DAC on the market with a balance control, so why eliminate such a crucial feature from the transport?

Any chance of remedying this in a future firmware update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back