The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 22, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #6,046 of 6,859
Try the Chinese version... there's a reason why we stopped calling them the international and chinese versions and now just call them the bar and slash versions...

edit: That reason being that the regional distinction has long since been all mixed up :sweat_smile:
Now I'm totally confused :astonished:
I've always used the "international" / "bar" firmware versions - and I didn't buy my R3 via Kickstarter!?

So what are the differences between the "international" / "bar" and the "chinese" / "slash" variants?

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #6,048 of 6,859
Nov 22, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #6,049 of 6,859
Does it sound better then a hiby R3 with E1DA 9038s plugged in on the back?

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #6,050 of 6,859
Now I'm totally confused :astonished:
I've always used the "international" / "bar" firmware versions - and I didn't buy my R3 via Kickstarter!?

So what are the differences between the "international" / "bar" and the "chinese" / "slash" variants?
As of now and the future, no difference except that you can't install the wrong one for the machine.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #6,052 of 6,859
Hi is there any way to get R3 Pro to wake on tap or other buttons besides the power button? With how often the screen goes off, the longevity of the power button is kinda worrying. Also like to suggest get Hiby Link to adjust automatically or at least add it to the quick settings(replace low/high gain or wifi transfer option) instead of requiring us to manually switch it off deep in the wireless setting for normal bluetooth connection to work again everytime. Actually, the quick options needs to be customizable.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #6,054 of 6,859
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #6,055 of 6,859
When its time to stop looking for DAPs at amazon :sweat_smile:

ohh.JPG

2179 $... i take all :v:

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #6,058 of 6,859
Does the sound of the X20 Xduoo sound better if I prefer a wider and deeper sound stage and more convincing 3D surround sound?
I am planning to compare to the Xduoo X20 in my full review. Stay tuned! :)

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #6,060 of 6,859
Custom 3.4 Firmware

3.4 International ver. (from Kickstarter etc., aka "bar version");
3.4 Chinese ver. (from JD etc., aka "slash version". Rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Note: to find out which version of player you have, you can open "About" page and see what sign (bar or slash) stays between free and whole memory in "Capacity" line.

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some layouts, main screen of the second theme is based on Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert,
4. repaired choosing color sliders in the second theme,
5. added ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to dock mode,
6. replaced the index page when connect R3 to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and new file formats were added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added an internet radio icon to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can personally add to radio.txt file and then save it in the root of your SD card,
8. striped all binary files,
9. optimized all png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. added automatically connecting function to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback function after player is turning on (you should save key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "autoplay=1" line),
14. added reverse Next and Previous buttons function (you should also have key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "reverse=1" line).

Last update: 29.11.2019

Original 3.4 Firmware, if you have problem with OTA or custom FW.
Several custom themes for original 3.4 FW with examples.

I got my R3 today and I installed your modified rom right away. Overall I'm extremely pleased, especially with the internet radio performance. The only minor issue is that you tried to replace the built-in Chinese radio stations, but that does not seem to work with my "slash" unit, all the Chinese stations show up in the radio menu. As I said, it's a minor issue, it's not really affecting my overall enjoyment. Thanks a lot for making this player a lot more usable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back