1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO on Sale Now !!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
Next

Last
  1. rjerwa
    Thanks for the response Joe, here’s the latest.
    Restored to factory and power level now indicates “0”. Zilch. Have it plugged in for an overnight feed, we’ll see in the morning.
    Plug in on the R3 feels sloppy though.

2. Tanelorn
    I read that someone had this issue also.. But didn't find a solution.
    So my phone (Samsung note 9 with one ui) does always charge the r3 when connected in USB dac mode. Sometimes even the r3 is charging my phone..
    Does someone have a Samsung phone and has a hint how to fix this?

3. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    As far as I know, unless the R3 comes with the option to not take charge, there's nothing you can do to prevent it...

4. Tanelorn
    That's draining my phone heavily. I hope for a solution on the phone to set this off.. But I didn't find anything.
    Go hiby.. Built that option in

5. rjerwa
    so, R3 charging all night. wake to 100% . . . wait, back to 0%. Back to 100% . Unplug, dead.
    Without power cable, R3 is a lump.
    I will contact Hiby. However I do stand firm that as a consumer my purchase should be good to go . . . and not a buggy, trial by error unit.

edit; adding here that mail sent to Hiby via link provided in earlier post from Joe Bloggs.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  6. LordBorg
    I've been trying to get my R3 to scan a micro SD card that I had previously used with it, but when scanning for new music the R3 ALWAYS stops at 17235 (I have about 19000 songs in that card).

So far, I've tried:
    1. reformatting the card ExFat
    2. restarting R3
    3. resetting R3 to factory settings
    4. downgrading from 3.3 to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
    5. reinstalling 3.3
    6. using Volume Up + Power to restart and reinstall 3.3
    7. manual library update; automatic library update
    8. trying a different card

None of these things have worked... I can listen to songs by using the FILE function and navigating folders, but I can no longer scan my library.

Please help!

IMG_5535.jpeg

7. poprivet
    Problems with tags on a file? There's a program I downloaded (from a link here or on Facebook?) ages ago that will check them for you, called HibyMusic Checker. Anyone remember a link for it?

8. rjerwa
    Update to earlier post/rant/complaint.....
    Contacted by Hiby service first thing this morning!
    Very happy. Thief request is for purchase info and video of the issue.

Thank Joe, link was a nice touch.

9. Pawelekdabek
    Anyone knows if i will be able to change volume while using external dac? Or is it full volume always?

10. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    1. Update to the latest firmware using WiFi.
    2. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...other-to-the-r6.872288/page-375#post-15041670 Follow the instructions in this post.

Hope that helps :)

You can, if using USB connection (not if using coaxial).

Pawelekdabek likes this.
  11. Pawelekdabek
    What if i plan to use E1DA 9038S G2 with usb c cable to usb c. I read that this dac have some kind of usb spdif interface and now i am not sure if it Will be possible to control volume on r3

12. eclein
    I’m gonna have some cash so I’ll check into DAPs, is the R3 solid? Does it sound good?
    Thinking R3 or xduoo X20?
    Thoughts?

13. LordBorg
  14. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    You can send to me via pm here. Or just open it on your end and scroll to the bottom--the file that the r3 database scanner choked on will be there

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    As long as it has a USB input interface it doesn't matter if it also has other inputs.

Pawelekdabek likes this.
First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
Next

Last