1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO on Sale Now !!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286
Next

Last
  1. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    30. HiByLink iOS relies on the BLE Bluetooth protocol, the new, low energy consumption but also low bandwidth protocol, the only Bluetooth protocol opened by Apple for general use. Hence the clarity of the cover art is limited by the little amount of data the R3 can transmit to the iPhone.

2. Mirimar
    31. “Play Next” and “Add to Queue” feature.

3. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Regarding the call for a "neutral" filter setting, I gather that this is related to questions regarding the 2 (now 3) AA lowpass / rolloff filters available for the R3.

I'll take this opportunity to echo and expand on a reply on this topic I made in pm.

The full names for the 3 AA filters on the R3:
    What an AA filter does, why it's there:
    The effect of different AA filters:
    As for adding a "neutral" filter setting: if you've read this far, you might have gathered that an AA filter is a necessary part of the audio chain. If I had to pick one I would say the fast rolloff linear phase filter is the neutral one?

4. gemmoglock
    Thanks so much Joe. I hope you are recharging from a very intense few months and all the best at what next you set your ideas to :D

5. Jayden16
    IMG_20180824_002009.jpg Firmware 1.12 is now available via OTA!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    gemmoglock likes this.
  6. MVVp
    This was my suggestion. What I asked for was to "remember" the setting On/Off, not the number of minutes (which is saved indeed). As it is, this setting returns to Off every time it has been used.
    I would like the option to keep the Sleep timer On if I want to, because that is what I use almost every day (or rather night).

Now each time when I want to fall asleep listening to music from the position/song where I was last time, I first have to swipe left, open the main menu, go to System settings, scroll to Sleep timer, turn this from the Off position back to On, then press arrow left to leave the menu, swipe right two times to go back to the song where I started and resume play.

Maybe it's just me, but for people like me who often use their DAP to fall asleep, this would make a lot of difference.

Anyway, good to see you back on the forum.

7. Mitch_maio
    Installed the latest firmware, however ldac-compatible speaker sony srs-x77 is able to play music only in sbc mode, there is a dead silence when aptx or ldac is chosen in r3 menu... ideas/suggestions anyone?

PS
    Sony nw-zx300 are playing in ldac mode with ease

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  8. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Firmware version 1.12 changelog

1.Added LDAC bidirectional support over Bluetooth
    2.Added portal function,USB input(output)⇄R3⇄Bluetooth input(output)
    3.Added playlist import and export funtion
    4.Added screen saver setting function
    5.Added font size setting function
    6.Added sleep shutdown function in pulldown shortcut menu
    7.Added DSD gain compensation function
    8.Improved USB output compatibility
    9.Added output indicator display for corresponding sampling rate
    10.Added memory function of the volume adjustment over Bluetooth device
    11.Various other bug fixes.
    12.Added further debug messages to TIDAL client (e.g. "playback fail", which we haven't been able to replicate in-house, should now come with an error code we can refer to)

gemmoglock and howdy like this.
  9. howdy
    Can't wait to see what LDAC is all about with my WH and WF1000X.

10. Vimtoman
    @Joe Bloggs would it be possible to have
    32. A-Z quick search in files/folder option

HeadlessChicken likes this.
  11. Jayden16
    There's now a quick toggle from the top pull down menu for the sleep timer in firmware 1.12.

MVVp likes this.
  12. superuser1
    IMG_20180823_232225.jpg

Vimtoman, Palash and howdy like this.
  13. howdy
    I hope to get mine tomorrow or Saturday.

superuser1 likes this.
  14. RojasTKD
    Can anyone confirm the R3 can send AND receive BT in LDAC and not just send? If this is true and it get Spotify support, I'd be very interested. Of course if it take too long I may just loose interest.

15. idkk408
    The pic that @superuser1 posted shows the R3 receiving LDAC from his phone.

First

Back
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286
Next

Last