The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #2,311 of 6,859
#95, black R3, and from Brisbane, Australia. Still no tracking yet either :/ getting really worried that it'll incur import taxes now as well after July 1st. It's not something I even considered when I bought it as they said shipping would be in May, and I'm within the first 100 backers.
I think you’ll be ok Jayden. It just has to land onshore before 1Jul and you’ll be sweet. Of course once it lands you have the joy of Australia Post getting it from Sydney to Brisvegas express in 7 days. What a time to be alive.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #2,312 of 6,859
#95, black R3, and from Brisbane, Australia. Still no tracking yet either :/ getting really worried that it'll incur import taxes now as well after July 1st. It's not something I even considered when I bought it as they said shipping would be in May, and I'm within the first 100 backers.
It makes you wonder what the priorities for delivery are?

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #2,313 of 6,859
I think you’ll be ok Jayden. It just has to land onshore before 1Jul and you’ll be sweet. Of course once it lands you have the joy of Australia Post getting it from Sydney to Brisvegas express in 7 days. What a time to be alive.

Fingers crossed hopefully it does arrive before 1st of July. The project was successfully funded on April 26th and the supposedly "original" delivery date was to be in May. It just feels like early backers are getting screwed over...

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #2,314 of 6,859
It makes you wonder what the priorities for delivery are?
Not really. I was around 100 for the R6 and from memory it shipped from Guangzhou quite quickly then sat in hk for some time before transit to Australia. Once it leaves Hiby it’s really down to the courier company they use. There was also a bit of confusion where the tracking number didn’t actually work until Joe sorted out the problem. So I’m happy to just wait this time.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #2,317 of 6,859
I can tell you this is my favorite ’small’ dap and I’ve had Cowon Plenue D, Cayin N3, Shanling M2s, Sony nw-a35, Fiio x3ii, and ak70.

It has a slick interface, looks good, sounds good and I feel it was a great value for the price. And hopefully firmware upgrades will bring us other goodies :wink:

LDAC cough, cough.

Honestly even if it didn’t gain any new features I think it’s a pretty complete package for a small relatively inexpensive dap.

My 3 cents.

Now time to mess with some dsp effects :)
Does it have the same bass slam as the cowon plenue D or is it a more subtle one ? The cowon D is not a bad player for its battery life, power and dynamics ..the UI sucks but i can forgive it for that ..

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,318 of 6,859

Yep, really hoping they can get our Aussie orders out ASAP, with import tax the R3 may not be worth it. Maybe @Joe Bloggs has an idea why Australians have been left in the dark?

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,320 of 6,859
Does it have the same bass slam as the cowon plenue D or is it a more subtle one ? The cowon D is not a bad player for its battery life, power and dynamics ..the UI sucks but i can forgive it for that ..

If you are talking about with no eq or effects it definitely has nice bass response and is just a tiny touch warm. If you are talking about using cowon’s jet effects I don’t know because I haven’t tried the EQ or the magic 8 ball yet.

From memory the plenue might have had a touch more weight in the bottom, but R3 isn’t thin or analytic sounding and is superior in detail and sound stage and instrument separatiion. Dynamics are good on R3.

I also imagine you can get a lot more bass slam with the dsp effects.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #2,321 of 6,859
Sorry, I'm on sick leave at the moment :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 15, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #2,323 of 6,859
Just had a text from DHL about a delivery from QUICKFISH INTEL scheduled for Tuesday next week. Trying to think if I've ordered anything else but I don't think I have. Is this it?

Info - black R3 only, UK, backer number something +1000

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,325 of 6,859
I can tell you this is my favorite ’small’ dap and I’ve had Cowon Plenue D, Cayin N3, Shanling M2s, Sony nw-a35, Fiio x3ii, and ak70.

It has a slick interface, looks good, sounds good and I feel it was a great value for the price. And hopefully firmware upgrades will bring us other goodies :wink:

LDAC cough, cough.

Honestly even if it didn’t gain any new features I think it’s a pretty complete package for a small relatively inexpensive dap.

My 3 cents.

Now time to mess with some dsp effects :)
Tidal offline cough, cough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back