The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #1,141 of 6,859
@gemmoglock Great ! :) I'm so close to pull the trigger but well, Spotify is needeeeeddddd

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #1,143 of 6,859
Incovenient as hell, I'd rather just use my Galaxy S5 in that case :triportsad:

Well I'm leaning towards the Cayiin N5II

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #1,145 of 6,859
Honestly, I doubt we'll see Spotify support. HiBy have already said they're not responding to their requests. On top of that, the developers of USB Audio Player Pro have said on their thread that Spotify flat out refused to work with them in order to integrate it directly into their app (that supports both Tidal and Google Play Music).

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,147 of 6,859
Incovenient as hell, I'd rather just use my Galaxy S5 in that case :triportsad:

Well I'm leaning towards the Cayiin N5II
Seriously!?

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,148 of 6,859
Seriously!?
Well with their beta FW, UI/freezes issues seem to be gone.

I was hoping the R3 would support Spotify. But it seems now it's either the N5II or Pioneer XDP-300R.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,149 of 6,859
Well with their beta FW, UI/freezes issues seem to be gone.

I was hoping the R3 would support Spotify. But it seems now it's either the N5II or Pioneer XDP-300R.
I wish you all the best. I hope either of them works out for you. Personally I'd like to stay clear of android when it comes to music.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,150 of 6,859
I have the n5ii. Frustrating in little ways, but it works.

Usb mounting is inconsistent, and it’s slow as molasses.

But quick and dirty playlist creation is nice.

Haven’t figured out sorting, and manually setting play sequence, but it does work and has google store for third party apps.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,151 of 6,859
Does any know if r3 will work usb c to micro usb for the mojo, or is the recommendation to use a usb c to 3.5 coax based on there latest stretch goal?
Also interested in this. I ordered the Shanling L2 cable and am actually counting on it to work.
The 2 L-shaped connectors would be ideal to make it a nice little stack.

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,153 of 6,859
Tidal, wireless music transfer, enough power for IEMs, below 1 ohm output impedance, touch screen and hardware buttons with a beautiful body for $189 ? And it does more than Chord Poly which is selling for $750 ? This is gonna be a purchase that I will never forget in my life!

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #1,154 of 6,859
Tidal, wireless music transfer, enough power for IEMs, below 1 ohm output impedance, touch screen and hardware buttons with a beautiful body for $189 ? And it does more than Chord Poly which is selling for $750 ? This is gonna be a purchase that I will never forget in my life!

I completely agree.

I made a similar sentiment on the Poly thread. As an owner of the Poly, I can most definitely attest that it is rather cumbersome to use.

Poly ($700+)
- seamless physical lines matching the Mojo
- no extra data cable
- airplay and bt
- wap and ap client
- streaming client
- dlna server

- clunky interface
- some issues with bt (clicking) and wifi (some limitations)

R3 ($229 retail)
- similar form factor to Mojo, so nicely stackable ending up slightly thicker
- requires a cable to connect to Mojo
- great screen
- likely (at least from reviews), great software UI
- some streaming client capabilities
- likely easy and granular playlist making

It's kind of hard to reconcile the fact that the R3, with the extra technology for the screen, can cost $229 while the Poly costs over $700.

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,155 of 6,859

I completely agree.

I made a similar sentiment on the Poly thread. As an owner of the Poly, I can most definitely attest that it is rather cumbersome to use.

It's kind of hard to reconcile the fact that the R3, with the extra technology for the screen, can cost $229 while the Poly costs over $700.

Although Tidal is not offline yet, now I know why there seems to be more backers joining the campaign. They are Mojo owners :wink:

Personally I think the last stretch goal is quite hard to hit though! Just my 2 cents, will be happy to be proven wrong :D

If the promised 60 days in standby mode are real - it will be really good for a player with 3.2-inch full touchscreen.
When in standby mode - it means that the screen is not active.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back