The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Dec 12, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4,906 of 6,859
Sorry, I've lost the discussion on the digital output.
Did anyone confirm a PCM quality difference between 'USB - Coax' and 'USB - USB'? I've bought both cables and I'll be using a Mojo as the DAC.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #4,908 of 6,859
Sorry, I've lost the discussion on the digital output.
Did anyone confirm a PCM quality difference between 'USB - Coax' and 'USB - USB'? I've bought both cables and I'll be using a Mojo as the DAC.
Sounds like you can be the one

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #4,909 of 6,859
While I can output spdif via the Hiby cable from my r3, I have not been able to output via USB regardless of the OTG cable I try. I always get an error code when I try to play a file despite being shown as connected. I would prefer OTG USB as the only DAC/Amp I have that accepts the 3.5mm spdif input is my iBasso D14. (this combo does, however, work well) The same OTG/USB cable works perfectly with my M0.

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #4,910 of 6,859
seems odd that volume control on the R3 stays active while stacked w/Mojo connected via usb-c ~ coax.
What exactly does docked mode do within settings > usb mode...?
Cheers!

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #4,912 of 6,859
Think I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, just want to check....

Gapless works perfectly
Bi Directional Bluetooth is fine

Can this now access and stream from a nas?

Can you browse by album art?

Assume hiby link works ok?

Finally, any other options better around the £200 mark - must (absolutely must) have perfect gapless playback

Cheers

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #4,914 of 6,859
Dec 15, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #4,915 of 6,859
Does anyone here know how to fix error code 9, or know what it is? Quite a bit of my flac and mp3 files won't play...

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #4,916 of 6,859
Can an admin please delete this or something? I did not mean to double-post.

My actual post is the one below.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #4,917 of 6,859
Update: I now have resolved the earlier issue and have thus edited this post accordingly, and the R3 is working as a USB DAC from my computer with the TUSB audio driver. However, there is now a NEW issue:

There is noticable and audible popping and crackling in the audio when I play video or audio files, or stream video, on my computer while using the Hiby R3 as a USB DAC. I have checked, and there is no such crackling or popping, ever, while playing any kind of audio from the Hiby R3 on its own as a portable player; nor is there any such popping or crackling in the audio straight from my computer. It only happens when using the R3 as a USB DAC.

I am obviously very disappointed about this, as I was looking forward to using the R3's functionality as a USB DAC, but as it stands, it is now useless to me except as a portable player alone. Not that it doesn't do a great job as such, of course; even if I don't resolve this USB DAC issue, I still have no plans to ever return the R3.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it perhaps simply be a result of potential crappyness of the included USB data cable that came with the R3? I ask this because the crackling sounds seem to change somewhat on each playthrough of the same video or audio file or stream. On each play through of the same audio, the crackling will happen in generally the same parts of the recording, but is noticeably completely different (in duration in each part where it appears, volume, etc.) on each play through of the same recording.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #4,918 of 6,859
anyone who listens to electronic/hip hop music care to share your equalizer/MSEB Settings or direct a brutha?

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #4,920 of 6,859
Update: I now have resolved the earlier issue and have thus edited this post accordingly, and the R3 is working as a USB DAC from my computer with the TUSB audio driver. However, there is now a NEW issue:

There is noticable and audible popping and crackling in the audio when I play video or audio files, or stream video, on my computer while using the Hiby R3 as a USB DAC. I have checked, and there is no such crackling or popping, ever, while playing any kind of audio from the Hiby R3 on its own as a portable player; nor is there any such popping or crackling in the audio straight from my computer. It only happens when using the R3 as a USB DAC.

I am obviously very disappointed about this, as I was looking forward to using the R3's functionality as a USB DAC, but as it stands, it is now useless to me except as a portable player alone. Not that it doesn't do a great job as such, of course; even if I don't resolve this USB DAC issue, I still have no plans to ever return the R3.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it perhaps simply be a result of potential crappyness of the included USB data cable that came with the R3? I ask this because the crackling sounds seem to change somewhat on each playthrough of the same video or audio file or stream. On each play through of the same audio, the crackling will happen in generally the same parts of the recording, but is noticeably completely different (in duration in each part where it appears, volume, etc.) on each play through of the same recording.

I was able to use the USB DAC mode with the provided usb cable. However, I did get crackling sounds when I changed the Windows Sample Rate to something absurdly high like 300KHz. Maybe you could experiment with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back