The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #4,942 of 6,859
I'd be inclined to agree, after a couple of set up niggles I think it's a keeper for me.

Not being fussed (yet) by tidal, I wanted a touchscreen dap with a solid UI with BT. M0 was a little small and the R3 is perfectly sized in my opinion with a rather snappy UI

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #4,946 of 6,859
Not sure if this was asked before but couldn't find in search. Can the Hiby R3 deal with WiFis that require an authentication on a webpage eg at hotels and starbucks?

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #4,949 of 6,859
short questions about R3..
Is it's possable to play from NAS in WiFi? I mean HiBy player can do this?
is R3 WiFi connection is okey?
For coaxial digital out, i need special cable? is it included?
Is it possable to install other Android apps like UAPP?

@cirodts
you better use coaxial out to Mojo :wink:

Dec 26, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #4,950 of 6,859
I haven't heard N3, but would say R3, has a little bit of brittle treble/detail sound, though full bodied otherwise (so not "cool" per se)- also personally wouldn't recommend R3 if you inted to use the single end headphone primarily, IMO sub-par even to some phones or budget dap like Fiio M3. From the balanced out it has type of performance I would expect for the price, and otherwise very fine fully featured DAP for the price and size. For sound, esp since I value SE output, personally I think I might prefer the A55 I just got, but haven't spent enough time to be sure yet (or if I were just prioritizing sound and didn't need the extra function, polished ui, better battery life and small size of those daps an opus1 for $250 even better)
Hi i have a sony A55 and i prefer the sound as well, the SE is better on the sony dap i even put up a video about it . ..overall its a nice DAP but the SE is not the greatest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back