The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #2,956 of 6,859
Ozric Tentacles FTW!

It seems @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble have done some magic and my R3 which was stuck at customs may start moving. :Fingers crossed:

You know what that name sounded familiar so I google & listened to some & low & behold I do remember the music guess I lost the name somewhere in the ether...

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #2,957 of 6,859
Nice, that’s great to hear really looking forward to getting:)

Didn’t realize the M0 was so tiny but seeing it next the R3 that’s pretty small it looks almost Lilliputian!
Bummer about the paperweight!
I was considering getting one:robot:

I looks real pretty though and the purple is really a nice shade of purple rain. :)

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #2,959 of 6,859
The local:)shack here is pre ordering them so he said they’ll be in in a month or so will go in & check it out then.

At the rate my R3 is transiting the outer reaches of our solar system the M0 might arrive before the R3 does, bummer!

Actually I Love Purple do I might get one just for the colour & of course I love paperweights so I guess I’m on the bandwagon till the wheels fall off...

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #2,960 of 6,859
I looks real pretty though and the purple is really a nice shade of purple rain. :)

Actually I Love Purple do I might get one just for the colour & of course I love paperweights so I guess I’m on the bandwagon till the wheels fall off...

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #2,961 of 6,859
I just tried mine and it paired with my Sony speaker and I have a bunch of options under Bluetooth including hiby link. I’m on the latest firmware.

If it makes you feel any better ( probably won’t ) I got my M0 today and it’s totally bricked so no R3 M0 comparison. Speaking of Sony, they always seem to have very stable firmware and their hardware is rock solid.

Obviously not, it will never be good to say "I feel better because I'm on the same boat as that guy".
What gets me frustrated is that here in Chile is not cheap to send something to Asia for a RMA or something alike.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #2,963 of 6,859
Obviously not, it will never be good to say "I feel better because I'm on the same boat as that guy".
What gets me frustrated is that here in Chile is not cheap to send something to Asia for a RMA or something alike.

Hopefully they can get it sorted without you having to send the unit back. I feel in this case if they can’t solve the problem remotely they should send the unit back to them and back to you on their dime.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #2,965 of 6,859
Hopefully they can get it sorted without you having to send the unit back. I feel in this case if they can’t solve the problem remotely they should send the unit back to them and back to you on their dime.

SF, in Chile, If you’re quoting me I was being facetious/jk as I’ve been on the same boat & it’s no fun a real pita so I know what it’s like & even from here if there’s an issue & needing to RMA return it might just end up being a $250. paperweight & that’ll piss me off a loss more than a $100. one

So I feel you’re pain, believe me I’ve been they a few very painful & extremely expensive ones so fingers crossed!

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #2,966 of 6,859
The local:)shack here is pre ordering them so he said they’ll be in in a month or so will go in & check it out then.

At the rate my R3 is transiting the outer reaches of our solar system the M0 might arrive before the R3 does, bummer!

For all we know your R3 could be in another dimension gaining superior AI and planning our demise lol

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #2,967 of 6,859
For all we know your R3 could be in another dimension gaining superior AI and planning our demise lol

Well anything is possible at this point in time & I can only hope!

No idea about that video but looks like a comp maybe from NK pretty creepy tho all that coordination just to march!

Check this vid out tho Theme Muscovy from one of my fave movies Sorcerer this scene in the movie with that music on a big screen is pretty powerful as is the entire movie, check it out!

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #2,968 of 6,859
SF, in Chile, If you’re quoting me I was being facetious/jk as I’ve been on the same boat & it’s no fun a real pita so I know what it’s like & even from here if there’s an issue & needing to RMA return it might just end up being a $250. paperweight & that’ll piss me off a loss more than a $100. one

So I feel you’re pain, believe me I’ve been they a few very painful & extremely expensive ones so fingers crossed!

No he was quoting me, I agree it sucks balls to have problems with such a new unit. I would think that with all the shipping nuttiness hiby would jump at the chance to make things right with him. I’m not out a dime I bought the M0 on amazon so back it goes.

Just saying it sucks to have problems with new gears.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #2,970 of 6,859

Yeah I hope they will take the case and give a solution, just have to wait and see what happens.
Aside from that, it's a great DAP, I have tried the following headphones with wonderful results:

HD600 (pre2007) balanced
HD25 alumunium balanced
ATH-LS200 unbalanced
MDR-CD900ST unbalanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back