The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Sep 9, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #886 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer to pocket my player, I bike everywhere and any such satchel attached to my body may get snagged on a branch or something. I keep my headphone cord under my shirt.

Not to be a mamby pamby protect you for everything that you do from yourself Ontarian. I want to know how you hear external sounds when bicycling? I have never used my Headsix on a self propelled vehicle. I am using a case I picked up for a cell phone about 10 yrs ago that has a side pocke the amp fits in perfectly. I do have the scratchy sound moving the volume control, but a squirt of compressed air fixes it.

B
beerchug.gif

PS when I cycle I listen to crap AM talk radio in my non-drive side ear, and I hear everything but electric vehicles.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #887 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeboy999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to be a mamby pamby protect you for everything that you do from yourself Ontarian. I want to know how you hear external sounds when bicycling?

Actually FYI, I'm an Albertan at heart, just lived in Ontario for a few years. Anyways, when I bike I usually go off by myself in the woods somewhere where hearing outside noise isn't important. Else I will just take one side out so I can hear traffic and people etc.

I'm thinking about doing a reverse-noise-canceling thing, but I'm not sure how it could be accomplished. I have an in-line mic that came with my cell phone but I'm not sure how I would use it to listen to outside noise while listening to music or if it's even possible, just an idea. My old mp3 player had a voice recording feature and I was able to kind of use it as a makeshift hearing aid if I wanted to, it would play back the sounds it recorded in real time if I wanted it to (but not music at the same time).

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #891 of 917
Update 01-05-2010

Dear Headfellows,

Due to the economic crisis, the poor dollar-exchange rate and stiff competitian from Asia sales of the HEADSIX unfortunately never reached the anticipated numbers, despite the enthusiasm of the people that own one. However, we now have reached a point where the silver version is no longer available. There only is (limited) stock of the black version remaining.

As for a Headseven (or Headnine), sorry guys. Right now the risks are too high.

There probably will be a jubileum amplifier by the middle of this year though, to celebrate 10 years Meier-Audio.

:)

Jan

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #892 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update 01-05-2010

Dear Headfellows,

Due to the economic crisis, the poor dollar-exchange rate and stiff competitian from Asia sales of the HEADSIX unfortunately never reached the anticipated numbers, despite the enthusiasm of the people that own one. However, we now have reached a point where the silver version is no longer available. There only is (limited) stock of the black version remaining.

As for a Headseven (or Headnine), sorry guys. Right now the risks are too high.

There probably will be a jubileum amplifier by the middle of this year though, to celebrate 10 years Meier-Audio.

:)

Jan

Thanks for the update. I still enjoy my Headfive and Headsix with no plans to cut them loose, even though I currently use the 3MOVE a lot more. Cheers!

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #894 of 917
I have the Headsix...and I love it!

That's all I have to say
biggrin.gif

I just wish Corda would develop newer portable amps.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #896 of 917
Not much of a surprise that Jan Meier releases an amp with a digital volume control (or an even more sophisticated implementation of a similar concept). Considering my Headsix has the absolutely worst volume pot of all amps I've tried (but still is the best overall sounding portable one I have), this might be a welcome upgrade.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #897 of 917

Users who are viewing this thread

Back