The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Feb 4, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #601 of 917
Hey that is the same number of Amps that Dr. Meier was going to sell. Or maybe sold already.

B
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #602 of 917
to those that have ordered in the EU:

how long does shipping take??

do you get a tracking number??

thanks a lot

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #604 of 917
2 days intra-country...how about to UK or something?

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #606 of 917
*sigh...

I just went ahead and ordered a headsix.

After this comes I'm never visiting this site again...in a week and a half I've spent 400 bucks already.

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #608 of 917
Hey, I just noticed you're in Ireland. ME TOO. Here for school, originally from Canada. 1400euro eh? What'd you get?

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #609 of 917
It started last October when my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I decided it would be nice to have a new pair of headphones for home use so that I could listen to music in my home office/music room which is off our bedroom without annoying my wife. So I started to research the options and discovered Head-Fi.org along with some other good forums in the process. I quickly realised that I would need a headphone amp to go with my headphones and also liked the idea of a portable amp. Decided on the Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 and Sennheiser HD650's as the main combination. Ordered a Headsix for portable use. I already owned Shure E4c's but decided to get new Senn PX100's (my old pair had been taken by my teenage son, never to return) for portable use with the Headsix. Somewhere in the middle of all this I got interested in computer based audio which led to me deciding to re-rip all of my music to Apple Lossless on my iMac and look at upgrading my external DAC. So I ended up buying a Paradisea+ USB DAC. Now I have a couple of problems/obvious upgrades!! I had an old pair of AR18 speakers in the system and they were an obvious weak link. More research and I go and get a pair of Mordaunt-Short 902i's. Second issue is that the combination of Apple Lossless files and the Headsix with my iPod is go good that I need a bigger iPod - no option but to get a 160Gb Classic. Having started all of this in early November, everything is in place before Christmas and I have great fun setting it all up with the other existing equipment - the brilliant Marantz CD63 MkII Ki Signature and the solid NAD C340 Integrated Amp. Have spent most of January ripping my music collection to Apple Lossless. Also dusted off an old Dunlop Systemdek turntable and I am currently looking at my options for upgrading the Linn Basik Plus arm and Nad PP1 preamp. Bought a new Ortofon 2M Red cartridge as a first step. Add in a Little Pinkie power supply for the X-Can and all of the cables I have bought in the process, and I guess I am closer to €2500 than my estimate of €1550 yesterday.

LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL THOSE WHO VENTURE DOWN THIS PATH!!!

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #612 of 917
I have received my Headsix yesterday.

My god ! I didn't know that this amp was going to be good like that
eek.gif

This amp is flawlessly able to drive my ER4P-S and my Beyerdynamic DT880 on the battery mode !

Originally I bought the Headsix to be the backup of my Corda 2Move but now I'm thinking to sell my Corda 2Move since I don't think that I will need the DAC in the future.

With this money, I'll be able to puchase some new Tubes for my Little Dot MKIII
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #613 of 917
does anybody paired this headsix with e4c ??

does it improve the anemic bass of e4c? in thinking of buying this or little dot mk1?? what do u guys think??

thanks

-doughn

Feb 15, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #614 of 917
Just ordered myself a silver one today. Can't wait for it to arrive
smily_headphones1.gif
I live in Norway, so shouldn't take to long for it to get here I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back