The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Feb 27, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #631 of 917
I just received my Headsix yesterday and it was everything I hoped it would be.

First I must say that Jan's customer service is excellent. He answered every question I had, every step of the way from start to finish. I will not mention any names here, but some of these other amp companies that I have been "trying" to order from really need to figure out what good customer service is. They need to place an order with Jan to see how sales and customer service is supposed to work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ordered and paid for the headsix on 02-17-08 and received it 02-25-08. 8 days (5 business days) from Germany to Michigan is amazing IMO.

This is my first amp, and I see now what all of the fuss is about. With a direct line out from my iPhone and 5.5 Gen iPod, the sound is absolutely amazing.

I never thought my iPhone would sound this good.

I am not good at reviews, and do not have another amp to compare it to, so I will not go into great detail here.

All I can say is wow! The separation and sound quality of this amp is better then I expected. Best $165 I spent in a long time.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #633 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonoliew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else have that 'dirty pot' sound in the attenuator?

Yes, my volume potentiometer became so crackly and imbalanced, I might send the Headsix back. I've been using it since end of December, which really isn't a long time.

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #635 of 917
Sounds like a temporary fix to me... once you start using WD40 (or something similar),
you have to use it regularly, right?

EDIT: sprayed the sub-par ALPS poti with "CRC Kontakt 60". It's now actually better
than new - even the channel imbalance in the first few millimeters of the poti is gone
(which has been there since day one). Let's hope it stays that way.

(I also found out why this thread's CSS is broken, and why it is displayer so obnoxiously wide
- it's that Japanese LinkBack thing below. Quite annoying.)

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #638 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonoliew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont see how spraying the volume control with oil/ vaseline would get rid of that static sound..

If you're referring to my post above, "Kontakt 60" is an electrical contact cleaner and deoxidizer, no oil/vaseline. It worked for me.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #642 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a temporary fix to me... once you start using WD40 (or something similar),
you have to use it regularly, right?

EDIT: sprayed the sub-par ALPS poti with "CRC Kontakt 60". It's now actually better
than new - even the channel imbalance in the first few millimeters of the poti is gone
(which has been there since day one). Let's hope it stays that way.

(I also found out why this thread's CSS is broken, and why it is displayer so obnoxiously wide
- it's that Japanese LinkBack thing below. Quite annoying.)

any alternatives to CRC Kontakt 60? couldnt find them in the US

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #643 of 917
Hi guys,
I have a Cowon A3 60GB player on which I am listening mostly FLAC and my headphones are 45Ohm Numark PHX. My problem is that the A3 is a bit quiet (max volume 40, where my old D2 had all the way up to 50). Will a Headsix amp make much difference with these headphones? They`re nothing special.

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #644 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by substance90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,
I have a Cowon A3 60GB player on which I am listening mostly FLAC and my headphones are 45Ohm Numark PHX. My problem is that the A3 is a bit quiet (max volume 40, where my old D2 had all the way up to 50). Will a Headsix amp make much difference with these headphones? They`re nothing special.

The difference will be huge! If i played my stock ipod phones, i dont even go to 11 o'clock. otherwise my ears pop through my head lol

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #645 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any alternatives to CRC Kontakt 60? couldnt find them in the US

Caig Pro Gold is highly recommended. Even for contacts like speaker terminals. interconnects etc. I've used it to clean up my pot on my regular preamp. Won't guarantee that you won't have to use it again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back