The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Mar 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #661 of 917
You have to change batteries on this amp?!?!
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #663 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a couple pages back I think someone asked Dr. Meier and posted there are some Headsixes still available, just wondering if Dr. Meier could post an update, whether they are still available or not, thanks.

They are still available in both finishes. I just ordered and paid for one last night. Jan is fast with the email. If only I'd known about the battery!
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #665 of 917
Hi guys, first I want to ask what are the differences between the Headsix and the CORDA XXS, because the second appears to be smaller and ligher. I don`t really know much about amps, I`m not a technician.
And secondly if I couple a Headsix or a Corda XXS with my 45 Ohm Numarks will there be a significant increase in the volume, because my player is a bit quiet. Also will the amp resolve the distortion of highs, that occurs when listening to heavier music with metal/rock EQ settings? Thanks.

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #669 of 917
Ok, then I`ll be getting a Corda XXS the moment I have the money
smily_headphones1.gif
Still I have to buy some better headphones, too. I mean it`s weird when your amp is 2 times more expensive than your phones.
Till what ohms can the XXS or Headsix hold on?

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #670 of 917
Sorry, if this has been addressed already. How does the Headsix compare in sound to the 2move? Besides the DAC and the crossfeed, what would drive one to purchase the 2move over the headsix. Thanks.

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #673 of 917
just have to say i bought one used and it is really an amazing little amp. For one thing, you really don't get how small it is in the pics it looks more slick in person. It also synergizes really well with my Ety ER-4s out of the lineout of my cowon x5l, I just can't believe it sounds this good out of a portable amp.

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #675 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the phones-out, and you'll be in for a surprise...
wink.gif
(Since the X5's line-out is nothing short of awful sounding.)

thanks I'll try that, I know there's some rolloff and stuff for the lineout, i usually don't like amping something that's amped but sounds like it's worth the listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back