The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #1,786 of 2,208
Re enclosures: I can see how cheap and large stock headphones like from Hifiman or Audio Technica could work as a good base. But adapting aftermarket drivers of varying dimensions would require custom baffles. Anyone have tips on that topic? 3DP, woodwork, and outside sourcing since Ive not the tools, or if cheap enough I would acquire the tools.

Jul 13, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,787 of 2,208
Elega DR-59C

50mm driver
approx. 42mm active area.
+ fancy blue fabric

_DSC5972.jpg_DSC5976.jpg_DSC5978.jpg

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,793 of 2,208
And you can actually hear that BA? It seems like a gimmick.

I’d be very curious for someone to temporarily unsolder the signal wire to the dynamics to effectively disable them, and then took a listen with only the BAs. My guess is you would barely be able to hear them, and that they wouldn’t contribute any useful/noticeable difference. They’d likely just end up sounding like a faint mosquito off in the distance.

I could be wrong though. If it is highly effective, I can see a whole new market opening up for multi driver headphones. You’d be able to fit 199 BA drivers around the circumference of a 50mm driver. Imagine having a 200 driver headphone in the future lol
They're using a near naked BA without any damping to It, Those drivers where made for a fully sealed environment like a IEM. They probably could make ones at 25mm since the tiny ones used in the ER4XR are just modern versions of BA tech from the 30s.

Could see a 2 BA full headphone be a thing at some point both 25mm each.

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #1,800 of 2,208
alright so ive this project for months and now it is done, i use k99 blue enchantress with 64ohm version, for me it sound neutral
what diy driver that cost around that or higher that have better bass quantity? the mid and high is fine, or can i do something to make my current driver have more bass? preferred diameter is 40mm-50mm though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back