The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #1,457 of 2,261
True true. Got that idea from a fellow headfier who shoved a he4xx driver inside the dt880 so ever since I've seen that it's been in my mind.

Well true the ad's are an option buh I am looking at mostly closed and those ads seem to have some thin metal as a back and that's terrifying when it comes to reflections. Tho I do remember seeing some Woodies. Thanks tho.

There's the A series which the lower range models have a plastic cup.

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #1,458 of 2,261

Thanks. Also how did you fix the link? I do not know much about planar drivers but to make the planar driver sound as open as possible is it stupid to strip off the black casing off the actual driver itself? Picture below shows what I mean by how I described the stripping
1598339222321.png

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #1,460 of 2,261
\
Thanks. Also how did you fix the link? I do not know much about planar drivers but to make the planar driver sound as open as possible is it stupid to strip off the black casing off the actual driver itself? Picture below shows what I mean by how I described the stripping 1598339222321.png

I just remembered from my search that there were from the only planar magentic driver manufacturer in the whole of Alibaba. If you're referring to the parts on the right, that's the actual magnet itself. I was referring to the audio-technica ath-a series for RenZixx as a potential donor for a body for the drivers

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #1,461 of 2,261
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #1,462 of 2,261
\

I just remembered from my search that there were from the only planar magentic driver manufacturer in the whole of Alibaba. If you're referring to the parts on the right, that's the actual magnet itself. I was referring to the audio-technica ath-a series for RenZixx as a potential donor for a body for the drivers
So those black parts on the very left can be remove?

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #1,463 of 2,261
And these ones too. It is weird how on Ali there aren't that much options of planar drivers but on Alibaba there is a big variety of those:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.4.5a5b5ca9gGBKyg Looks like the one from fixed link VitalB but with stronger magnet

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...m=a2700.7724857.normalList.136.67136c26RB5A6h has a "Duo-force + single side voice coils design"

The latter link, judging by the pictures and the schematic below seem to have the magnet on only one side. The only other headphones I know with a single sided magnet are the LCD-1

So those black parts on the very left can be remove?

I believe not, those actually hold the magnet in place. Either the diaphragm gets squished or the the magnets just fly off.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #1,467 of 2,261
How do double-sided planars compare to single sided?

I honestly do not know. I've only ever heard two sided driver but since every singled-sided planar magnetic I saw are cheaper than their two-sided versions and the limitations of the designs such as requiring more energy to move the diaphragm, I assume they're going to be worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back