The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #500 of 2,227
Did you typo Pl50 instead of Pl30? 
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #503 of 2,227

I am changing drivers on some California Headphone Company Silverados. Converting 32 ohm to 250 ohm for use with a Bottlehead Crack. Also converting them from closed to semi open. The replacement I am using  fits with very little modification.

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #506 of 2,227
What's horrendous about the SE205? I think the SE505 is pretty nice sounding, is it far off?

For a paper-cone of this vintage, I agree with you. It could have been a whole lot worse when you compare it to others from the same era.

May 2, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #509 of 2,227
Restoring a pair of Realistic Pro60 (Koss HV-X)
They were seriously messed up. I got them on the cheap though, so i'm not mad. The biggest problem was that the original owner must have dealt with the original pads deteriorating by gluing on some makeshift foam... They must have lost one of the original baffle extensions in the transaction, 'cause I only received one. The DIY loser that did the work actually gobbed glue directly onto the baffle plate, gluing the driver to it's own housing. Needless to say when I got the device and plugged it in, I was quite flabbergasted by the sound in the busted side. After spending quite a few hours pulling little bits of glue and foam up, I was able to take the cans apart (these things are a bitch to open up) and the inside was really gross. The foam had dry rotted and turned to powder at the lightest touch, but worse than that there were little insect larvae carcasses woven into the foam and strewn across the drivers. Yuck. I did my best to sterilize and clean all of the parts. I was also able to separate the driver from the glue with a bit of patience and orange based cleaner. I finished off by replacing the foam sheets with rough non-woven material similar to the scrubbing side of a sponge.
IMG_3389.JPG
IMG_3394.JPG
IMG_3390.JPG
IMG_3396.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back