The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,681 of 2,208
Airpods 2.jpg

Hey Guys,

Anyone know what material they are using for this Airpods 2? I remember hearing before they worked with Fostex initially for their biocellulose drivers. These look metallic like aluminum coating or beryllium.

Any apple experts out there?

Thanks

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #1,684 of 2,208
400377A8-4AFD-47F3-A11F-E72E5B847509.jpeg
well its finally complete. Just need to buy real glue tomorrow. Headband is made of tpu and the rest in PLA. But unfortunatly the brainwavz earpads are still coming and its only yesterday they sent me an email that the pads are now being shipped to me when I ordered those about a month ago.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #1,685 of 2,208
Brainwaives are slow to ship their products out, because they are not a retail giant like Amazon. However, even still, they should have sent them out in a weeks time, not a month, so clearly something else was going on over there. Not too many people can make their own headphones, I'm really impressed with what you've accomplished in such a short time!

I saw a marketing advertisement for that mouse your using, where they had it covered in water drops and called it water resistant. I laughed cause its like, you see all those holes for ventilation in there, all it takes is water to fall down them holes, and the mouse is toast lol.

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,687 of 2,208
Brainwaives are slow to ship their products out, because they are not a retail giant like Amazon. However, even still, they should have sent them out in a weeks time, not a month, so clearly something else was going on over there. Not too many people can make their own headphones, I'm really impressed with what you've accomplished in such a short time!

I saw a marketing advertisement for that mouse your using, where they had it covered in water drops and called it water resistant. I laughed cause its like, you see all those holes for ventilation in there, all it takes is water to fall down them holes, and the mouse is toast lol.
It actually took a while to start getting them 3d printed by someone else and they are not my design. The only original edits I did on one of the parts is the rotatory part, cup grill and earpad locker thing grill and that is it. But thanks. Also the mouse is CM MM710 and it is really good for the price although it is more of a basic gaming mouse but the shape, size and weight matters way more than anything else. Planning to get Rocket Jump Ninja's upcoming original mouse although the mm710 is great but it's not my favorite shape.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #1,688 of 2,208
It actually took a while to start getting them 3d printed by someone else and they are not my design. The only original edits I did on one of the parts is the rotatory part, cup grill and earpad locker thing grill and that is it. But thanks. Also the mouse is CM MM710 and it is really good for the price although it is more of a basic gaming mouse but the shape, size and weight matters way more than anything else. Planning to get Rocket Jump Ninja's upcoming original mouse although the mm710 is great but it's not my favorite shape.

So cool, can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to stay tuned, plus your review of them once listened to. Plus I'd like to hear what you think of the pads too.

Glad that mouse is good! I have the Razer Deathadder Elite 16K DPI mouse. I really like it because it's light, and it's very precise, and I can change DPI in the fly.

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #1,689 of 2,208
So cool, can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to stay tuned, plus your review of them once listened to. Plus I'd like to hear what you think of the pads too.

Glad that mouse is good! I have the Razer Deathadder Elite 16K DPI mouse. I really like it because it's light, and it's very precise, and I can change DPI in the fly.
Your mouse is set at DPI of 16K? That is really sensitive unless in-game sense or whatever is super low. Also here is the trailer to RJN's mouse .

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,691 of 2,208
Audio-technica ad900x drivers
IMG20210306172034.jpg
IMG20210306172056.jpg
IMG20210306172123.jpg
IMG20210306172203.jpg
Also, this thread is for discussions on headphone/iem drivers. Try to keep the thread in line wit the topic above thanks

Yes your right, but keep in mind sometimes humans have momentary digressions in conversations, especially if a computer mouse is seen in a picture, in a topic about headphones drivers lol.

Anyways, in keeping on topic....

Those are bad*** looking drivers, they look freaking industrial dude! Are those 50mm drivers or larger? Nice!

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #1,692 of 2,208
Yes your right, but keep in mind sometimes humans have momentary digressions in conversations, especially if a computer mouse is seen in a picture, in a topic about headphones drivers lol.

Anyways, in keeping on topic....

Those are bad*** looking drivers, they look freaking industrial dude! Are those 50mm drivers or larger? Nice!
Those are 53mm drivers

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,693 of 2,208
Hello everyone,
I have decided to assemble my first pair of headphones. I bought all the parts from China and tried two drivers. Here is the setup:
20210226_162037.jpg

The result is unfortunately very sad.
The T2: The sound is missing almost any details. High tones are very low, but the bass is very strong. Voices sound as if sung into a tin can.
The "HD800 9500" driver, on the other hand, is somewhat better and offers a little more bandwidth. However, this driver also lacks treble.

20210306_173501.jpg

By the way, one more thing about the headphones: the driver is mounted on a small 5mm board with a lot of holes. This has the effect of a drumhead and changes the sound to the negative. The sound only improved after the board was drilled out.

20210306_173600.jpg

I would also like to use this post to ask for your advice: I am not satisfied with either driver. Do you have any advice for me? I'am looking for a driver who has more details and support heights.

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #1,694 of 2,208
Hello everyone,
I have decided to assemble my first pair of headphones. I bought all the parts from China and tried two drivers. Here is the setup:
20210226_162037.jpg

The T2: The sound is missing almost any details. High tones are very low, but the bass is very strong. Voices sound as if sung into a tin can.
The "HD800 9500" driver, on the other hand, is somewhat better and offers a little more bandwidth. However, this driver also lacks treble.

20210306_173501.jpg

By the way, one more thing about the headphones: the driver is mounted on a small 5mm board with a lot of holes. This has the effect of a drumhead and changes the sound to the negative. The sound only improved after the board was drilled out.

20210306_173600.jpg

I would also like to use this post to ask for your advice: I am not satisfied with either driver. Do you have any advice for me? I'am looking for a driver who has more details and support heights.
You should get better results by changing to velour ear pads.
This should reduce heavy bass and improve treble response at the same time.
If velour is good but has too much treble, then add a layer of foam over the front of the driver/baffle under the ear pad.

Most of a headphone's 'tuning' comes from the ear pad.

Mar 7, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,695 of 2,208
Hello everyone,
20210226_162037.jpg

20210306_173501.jpg

20210306_173600.jpg

Do u have a link to the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back