The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
May 31, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #46 of 1,528
thanks Brokensound! Sounds like a real winner for me, that's all I had to hear, because I have a hard time with grado treble, but love everything else about them (except the soundstage of course
biggrin.gif
)

May 31, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #47 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks Brokensound! Sounds like a real winner for me, that's all I had to hear, because I have a hard time with grado treble, but love everything else about them (except the soundstage of course
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks. In terms of sound stage, don't expect a miracle. It's still a Grado. It will never touch the k701 or hd600. But don't take my word for it, go to Can-Jam tomorrow! They're raffling off some amazing things there.

May 31, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #48 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Have you listened to Alessandro MS-1s? They seemed to correct everything I didn't like about the SR-60S, much better tone and balance while still retaining the fun character of Grado.

May 31, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #49 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like the forward sounding RS1. Just wouldn't mind having another pair of Grado that are little different.
Can't wait!

You use vinyl with the RS-1? Thats a good match!!

May 31, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #50 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you listened to Alessandro MS-1s? They seemed to correct everything I didn't like about the SR-60S, much better tone and balance while still retaining the fun character of Grado.

yeah I agree it's better, but not better enough...
wink.gif

May 31, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #51 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You use vinyl with the RS-1? Thats a good match!!

And a tube phono stage (EAR) between Them. I think it works very well.

May 31, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #52 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expected the first post in a thread titled "The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread" to have .... a review/comparison of the Grado HF-2
confused_face.gif
confused_face.gif

Yeah so was I!
I don't get why we need a separate thread just to guide us to another thread.
confused_face_2.gif

That, and the impression were really short anyway.

Edit:
If this is the to-be review/comparison thread, awaiting such reviews/comparison, then ignore my comment.
wink.gif

Cause we desperately need some impressions.

May 31, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #54 of 1,528
i agree with krmathis...4 pages in a review/comparison thread and not a single real review/comparison yet? yikes!

i don't blame people for not posting reviews, as canjam is the time to experience all that is being offered and not having to worry about posting stuff for everyone else. but i do wish someone who was writing a review would have started this thread with, um, a review. now it's just four pages of nothing, to which i've now added more useless junk. sigh...

May 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #56 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not seen an RS2 in person. There was, however, an RS1 right below the HF2 at TTVJ's booth.

I'm genuinely surprised by the similarity in depth of the HF2 and the RS1 housings based on the photographs but you were there, so I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

May 31, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #57 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What relevance does this have to the thread topic? As someone already pointed out, we already have four pages of HF-2 commentary as it is, although exclusive of any actual reviews, which is the point of the thread. And now you bring up a MS-1/SR-60 comparison?

May 31, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #59 of 1,528
donunus, check on the first post of this thread. I am trying my best to find the best impressions comparisons, so you can check them there

May 31, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #60 of 1,528
Thanks for the effort Bullseye. Much appreciated. Please keep the list updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back