The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
May 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #16 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokensound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. Not a bit. The rs1 I was comparing it to is more fatigueing. The hf2 sound more balanced. Listening to jimmy eat world, the rs1 emphasized the guitar to the point it was overwhelming the other instruments. The hf2 present all the instruments more equally. It also had a larger sound stage compared to the rs1. I'm trying them on another setup at can jam now. If you were worried the bass is lacking as in the sr125, don't be. The baseline is present.

un-grado like eh? that is good and very interesting news. keep the impressions coming.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #20 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
un-grado like eh? that is good and very interesting news. keep the impressions coming.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very true. I despise pretty much all grado cans, but found the HF2s quite listenable. Nice actually- I was surprised.

May 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #21 of 1,528
Ahhhhhh! Do we have any impressions from someone who has owned top-end grado's before today?
confused_face.gif

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any and all feedback about these, but to be honest, if the first time you've heard an RS-1 is today, then I think it would be very difficult to give a meaningful comparison-

Not trying to sound critical, just wondering if there is anyone out there with more experience with higher end grado's that has some impressions to relay...
smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 1,528
yes those familiar with Rs-1, GS1000, PS-1, HP-1, HF-1, 325 sound info is what we need here? Grado Learned ears
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #24 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes those familiar with Rs-1, GS1000, PS-1, HP-1, HF-1, 325 sound info is what we need here? Grado Learned ears
biggrin.gif

Yup. It's gonna be very hard for someone without that kind of experience of the Grado lineup to be able to pick out meaningful differences under meet conditions.

I think there's a good chance we're going to have to wait until these things start shipping.

May 31, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #25 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhhhhh! Do we have any impressions from someone who has owned top-end grado's before today?
confused_face.gif

FWIW, I've heard numerous other grado models, including their high end stuff. Owned them? Never. I've dislike everyone I've heard until the HF2.

May 31, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #26 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by seniordingdong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, I've heard numerous other grado models, including their high end stuff. Owned them? Never. I've dislike everyone I've heard until the HF2.

Have you heard grados with flat pads before? Because I hear the HF2 Todd had was with flats, and flats alone change the sound of grados more than the difference between models. In other words, any grado with flats will sound much more balanced and natural than any grado with bowls, and that seems to be what people are saying so far...

ps. thanks for the first impressions!

May 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard grados with flat pads before? Because I hear the HF2 Todd had was with flats, and flats alone change the sound of grados more than the difference between models. In other words, any grado with flats will sound much more balanced and natural than any grado with bowls, and that seems to be what people are saying so far...

ps. thanks for the first impressions!

Yes I have heard grados with flats, and I have usually preferred them that way. But the HF2s are quite different to my ears.

May 31, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #28 of 1,528
How do they sound compared to other, non grado, neutral cans?

May 31, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokensound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wooden housing with an outer metal case. Sounds more neutral than the rs1. The sound is very unGrado. A baby ps1000 is a fairly accurate statement. This is from listen at ttvj booth at can jam.

So you like the RS-1i more than the HF-2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back