The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Feb 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #708 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netminder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They said about 1% of the original impression material was faulty....And btw....just to let everyone know....its was mentioned that they were going to raise the price of freqs.

It was only a matter of time
smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't surprise me one bit hehe

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #709 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was only a matter of time
smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't surprise me one bit hehe

Yup. Glad I jumped in when I did. I'm still lovin them everyday!

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #710 of 3,960
i think thats my cue
biggrin.gif

btw, are they responsive with EQing on the bass dept?

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #711 of 3,960
Quote:

I would just like to express what a great company Freq is.

I had a large problem with the ear molds. When I mixed the two silicon solutions together to make the molds it never setup in my ear. My ears ended up getting a bunch of pink goo in my ear canal. I tried to clean it up myself with qtips without success. One of my ear canals was completely blocked, and since I am a music major in College this proved to be a challenge. I made an appointment with an audiologist and got my ears cleaned out (the doctor said that there was A LOT of goo in my ears).

After the appointment I called Freq and kindly expressed my displeasure. They offered to help pay for my medical bill and were extremely apologetic. The man I talked to on the phone, Derek, was a classy guy.

i just mailed off my professional impressions to them today so I should have them in a matter of a couple of weeks.

I just wanted to say that this is a company of high integrity.

I've been impressed with them too, and Derek is a cool guy.
wink.gif

Quote:

They said about 1% of the original impression material was faulty....And btw....just to let everyone know....its was mentioned that they were going to raise the price of freqs.

I guess it really was too good to be true huh? hehe

Feb 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #712 of 3,960
Head-fi'ers,

It's nice to see everyone's latest posts. I haven't been able to keep up with all of the pages but I find the time to stop by once and a while.

As you may have noticed, we have backed up a little on the delivery dates on the final products. We have been slammed ever since Christmas. It has been a great thing for us but we went from 1-3 day builds to 3-5 pretty quickly. Now we are running from 4-7 business days. The good news is that we don't see that getting any worse, even with the increase in business. We have been hiring more people to make up for the delay. So moving forward, should be better.

Here are some things going on:

MUSIC MAKERS:

We are getting very close to the release of our highly anticipated "Music Makers" line. Things look as though they will still be released for the projected 5/1/08 date. I think that everyone is going to be very happy with the product. We will be offering two models to start. First being a two and three driver design with detachable, braided cables that will be worn over the ear. These are going to be a little more expensive due to the labor and additional cost in the upgraded cords and parts. It wont be nearly as expensive as our competition, but there will be an increase in price.

Head-Fi Trade Show - CAN JAM:

We have decided to be apart of the Head-Fi Can Jam this year in Ft. Lauderdale, FL this May 3rd and 4th. We are really excited to be meeting a lot of you in person. If everything goes as planned, this will be the unveiling of our Music Lovers line. We will be doing some fun things so make sure to swing by if you are there.

REFERRAL PLAN:

We introduced this at the beginning of this year without much marketing. Seeing how we are currently in the process of redoing our site, we are planning on dedicating a section to it. In any event, this is the general idea:

We will refund the money you paid (excluding shipping) for your FreQs if you get 10 people to buy a set of FreQs. Period. You will not receive your refund until all 10 people have exceeded their trial period.

In the event you do not have the money to purchase in advance. We have a plan for you as well, just a little more work. To start, you must register yourself with us. Next, start sending referrals. If you sent 10 people, you will have earned yourself a Control FreQ. It takes 12 people to earn a FreQ of Nature and 15 for a SuperFreQ. Once all of your referrals have exceeded their trial period, you will receive an email with a gift certificate good for whichever you qualify for.

Referrals are tracked at checkout. Your referral must enter your name and the last 4 digits of the telephone number we have on file for you in order to earn a referral credit. Once the order has been received on our end, this information is placed in our database and easily tallied up.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:

We will have a page explaining this in better detail very soon. FYI... All International Orders are required to have a professional impression made and you are responsible for all shipping costs. We are currently working with FedEx, DHL and USPS for shipping options. USPS is the least expensive of the three but it will take a few extra days. Usually 10 days or less. We recommend you pay using Pay Pal during checkout. It is the easiest for currency conversions.

EMAIL ISSUES:

We just purchased a whole new software system and went to a hosted solution, which needless to say, has been a disaster on many levels. It looks as though these issues have been resolved. So for those of you out there that might not have heard from us in a timely manner or not at all, we apologize and would like to thank you for your continued patience.

PRICES:

I've seen the responses of a possible price raise with our products and I would like to put that to rest. The bad news is that I'll admit that it has been discussed and could possibly happen in the future. The good news is that it will not be a major increase. We are only looking at raising the prices of the FreQ of Nature and SuperFreQ by a maximum of $50 each. The reason is simple, these products are hand crafted and unfortunately, do not magically appear when someone sends in an impression. Paying someone by the hour is very costly when it takes multiple hours to make just one pair. So don't be scared that we are going to be even close to our competitors prices. We will always be the most affordable and best value.

CLOSING:

We are very thankful for every opportunity that comes our way and for all of you that took the plunge without knowing what you were getting yourself into. With all the FreQs that we have made, we continue to get so many positive responses. The products and customer service we provide is everything to me. As in any business, especially a startup, we encounter all sorts of problems everyday. It is how we deal with those problems that define us. Hopefully you all have been satisfied with the way we have handled any situation that you may have experienced with us.

With that being said, I personally would like to thank you all once again for the great feedback and your business.

Please feel free to write us or call if you have any questions regarding these topics or any other questions for that matter. In the event you think I should be involved personally because you are not getting the results you would expect from our company, please do not hesitate to write. My email is tboring@freqonline.com. I thoroughly enjoy hearing from you guys about how your FreQs are working out.

Sorry for another length email.... Hopefully this clears some things up.

Todd

Mar 1, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #713 of 3,960
Thanks for clearing things up Todd. It sure has been a pleasure working with you and have enjoyed our emails back and forth. One question though, have you made a final decision if you are going to upgrade the cables on the SuperFreQs?

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #717 of 3,960
Yes, they were perfectly mixed and consistant in color.

I think it may be a heat issue because I am very warm-bodied...

I threw the misshapen molds in the fridge and they hardened a lot more.
*edit* it was only the cold making them harder - took them out - still like silly putty....

still have one kit left to try - but a bit weary.....

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #719 of 3,960
guys and girls i am thinking about waiting for the music maker line but now that the super freq are going up $50 and the music makers is more expensive so lets say 50-75 more. so super freq is $240 and music makers would be around 290-315. what do you think i should do jump in and get the super freq at a low 189 now and hopefully use their upgrade program once they have it if they music makers line is that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back