The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 8, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #1,531 of 3,960
oh crap, it is so big.

The red/clear is the SuperFREQ
The translucent blue is the UE11.

Can't really tell how much bulkier the UE11 is from here... but if you check the UE11 impressions thread, there are some clearer photos and they are just as big as mine.

May 8, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #1,532 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiehowser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the delay :p

img021fl2.jpg

img022yr1.jpg

Lol! A little ott nes pa?
eek.gif

May 8, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #1,533 of 3,960
woah your inner ear must be really deep.. din think it extends so far in!

most of the others don't go past a cm from what i see in other pics. Or are most like yours? hmm

May 8, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #1,534 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

most of the others don't go past a cm from what i see in other pics. Or are most like yours? hmm

+1 to that... it actually seem to be very very long...

May 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #1,535 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It should not be strange to any. Per my audiologist, ears are as different and unique as fingerprints - no two are alike. Therefore, it should not be strange that some custom IEM's are deeper than others.

This is again the reason so few people are happy with "universal" IEM's and why companies selling universal IEM's send them along with so many tips, and why we have so many threads here in the forums regarding what tip works best with a given universal IEM, etc. Eventually folks turn to true custom IEMs at some point or another, and then the nightmare of these universal tips becomes a thing of the past
wink.gif

Will

May 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #1,536 of 3,960
Good news gang! Look at the email I just got from FreQs:

"Congratulations! Your repair has been completed.

We know how difficult it must have been for you to part with your FreQs for this repair or alteration but we are happy to tell you that your issues have been resolved.

You will receive your order within 1-3 days, excluding Sunday.

Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns.

DHL Tracking Number: XXXXXXXX"

Pretty exciting - that means that I will have my black/white babies back from the touch-up tomorrow Friday, on Saturday, or worst case by this coming Monday!

Will

May 8, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #1,537 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget it, Just found another local hearing aid company to do ear impressions for $10 each ear. I think I will go for that.

BTW, if anyone lives in south bay area, California. I can refer it to you if you want.

You got a PM, please let me know who it is.

May 8, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #1,539 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are coming from San Francisco, the cost of gas will be like $15 already lol.

Try the google map and that's what I did.
found lot on the map which are close to where I am and I called them one by one,

The price varies from $10/ear to $75/ear. heh

May 8, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #1,541 of 3,960
May 8, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #1,542 of 3,960
Has anyone tried the Control FreQ's? I was thinking of going with these since I do serious listening at home. Or do you think I should save up and go with the Super Freq's?

Thanks

May 8, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #1,545 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are coming from San Francisco, the cost of gas will be like $15 already lol.

Still much cheaper than any other quotes so far. The cheapest I have found has been 55 an ear and as high as 75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back