The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 6, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #1,516 of 3,960
woah.. that's exhorbitant.. stay away then...

ANYWAY... I just had a half hour conversation with Todd from Singapore, I'm not too keen on looking at my bill but here's how roughly how it went.

Colour customization: no tranluscent colour at the moment but it could be in the works with no defined timeline. Only clears. They are adding more colours now and then so good to keep a watch out for those.

Cables: only black and flesh coloured cables. Whites and other colours are in the pipelines.. I can't wait though so i'd just go with black for now.

Personalization of artwork: default would be Freq logo, can't remove it unless you get artwork. They're updating the site now.. it'll be 30 for both sides for your custom artwork, slightly less for a predefined artwork from their gallery (also in the works now).
If you check out now you'll see that you only have 1 line to specify what kind art/decor you want. But Todd's putting up a drop down option where you can actually just upload directly a .jpg file for their ref. It has to be ONLY & EXACTLY what you want, and not say, a logo on some other thing.. you'd have to extract the logo.. something along those lines.

Loss/Damaged beyond repaid: it's covered for 1 year and it'll cost 40%, not 25%.

Turnover: 5-7 days from receiving of impressions.. not too bad if you ask me. My bro's livewires are taking 2-3 months. Better grab them hot now!

If your email's taking a long time to be replied to, it's because Mr. Boring has 600+ emails after can jam.. I'm sure he'll get to yours. -grin-

cheers folks, hope I haven't left out anything.

May 6, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #1,517 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heard someone mentioned that I can do ear impressions for free in Costco if I am a member. Anyone know how?
Just checked some close by Costco to do ear impressions, 2 costco only do it for free if you purchase their hearing aid product and another one charges $35 each ear. What the heck!!!

Forget it, Just found another local hearing aid company to do ear impressions for $10 each ear. I think I will go for that.

BTW, if anyone lives in south bay area, California. I can refer it to you if you want.

May 6, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #1,519 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heard someone mentioned that I can do ear impressions for free in Costco if I am a member. Anyone know how?
Just checked some close by Costco to do ear impressions, 2 costco only do it for free if you purchase their hearing aid product and another one charges $35 each ear. What the heck!!!

Depends on the people working there....Costco by work did it for free, one by home said they would not do it unless you bought a hearing aid from them....

May 6, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #1,520 of 3,960
now that the buildqualty went up im really considering buying a pair
smily_headphones1.gif
they look awsome

May 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #1,521 of 3,960
colours not so soon.. esp the translucent ones.. they're trying to settle their manufacturing line first before they diversify on variety.

He said anything from 6 months on.. definitely not in time for the discount.

May 7, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #1,525 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man I was ready to buy the Freq Shows yesterday... but now I am thinking about holding off until some decent options for colors come out... or at least until the clear cable is available.

clear cables become greenish after a while (if my UE sf5p cables are any indication).

I'd avoid those like the plague

May 7, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #1,526 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man I was ready to buy the Freq Shows yesterday... but now I am thinking about holding off until some decent options for colors come out... or at least until the clear cable is available.

Just wait a couple of weeks - I am fairly certain that once Todd gets back, most of these options mentioned above will be available then
wink.gif

Will

May 7, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #1,527 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loss/Damaged beyond repaid: it's covered for 1 year and it'll cost 40%, not 25%.

That can get tricky to track since folks like myself who bought before the price increased bought them when their policy stated 25%. Since me accepting the terms of sale amounts to a legal contract, they would have to honor the 25% cost for those "early" orders. I guess this is another small advantage of ordering early
wink.gif

Will

May 8, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #1,530 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiehowser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't have my SuperFREQs here today
smily_headphones1.gif
just the UE11s. Will take a (probably badly lit camfone) pic sometime within the next 12 hours

Sorry for the delay :p

img021fl2.jpg

img022yr1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back