The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,426 of 6,678
  If they have demos, it seems puzzling that they won't offer stand-alone units for these rather than them being available only through upgrades. The argument brought up prior by someone else that the additional tubes won't fit some ears isn't really an argument against having them offered as a stand-alone offering. With many CIEMs like the SE5 the fit not being for everyone seems to be the case as well.

Anyways, hopefully they come up with some other option in the future. 

Keep us updated on when they have those 335DWSR available (I'm just going to refer to them as that from now on)....
Are the demo units to be in store/on location, or are they to be shipped via some sort of tour/person-by-person process by request? Actually the latter sounds ridiculous so it's probably not even that.

Who knows (well actually, probably only Suyama-san knows :wink:)? They may offer standalone units in the future.

But I think the main point I was trying to make is that these Studio References are really so early in the public game that they're not even ready to accept upgrades but just for testing at the show (BTW, by "the show" I mean the Fujiya Headphone Autumn Festival this weekend).

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #1,427 of 6,678
Ah, he is secretly reading this thread after all. Tell us the answers, oh Great Gundam-loving One....

Every year you folks tease me with pictures of the best audio show on earth (it usually surmounts the stuff I see from CanJam). 

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #1,428 of 6,678

Who knows (well actually, probably only Suyama-san knows :wink:)? They may offer standalone units in the future.

But I think the main point I was trying to make is that these Studio References are really so early in the public game that they're not even ready to accept upgrades but just for testing at the show (BTW, by "the show" I mean the Fujiya Headphone Autumn Festival this weekend).

Yeah, but the FitEar site has a list of upgrade prices as well as additional information. So they've got to be close to offering it.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,429 of 6,678
Yeah, but the FitEar site has a list of upgrade prices as well as additional information. So they've got to be close to offering it.

Maybe. Without copying & pasting what was said to me in PM, I'm merely paraphrasing the content. The rest of speculation is left entire to each reader.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #1,432 of 6,678

Either way, looking forward to giving them a test drive. And also purchasing a new pair this weekend. Even though the wait will be a month. A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #1,434 of 6,678
Really looking forward to your impressions. What new pair are you getting? The 435?

Getting the 335DWs... will post impressions.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,435 of 6,678

So I got a response from Suyama-san today and it seems that it still hasn't been finalised yet (i.e. can't book to leave my 335 with them for the mod). They have demo units of the MH335DW  Studio Reference instead for participants to try. Looks like the final signature is still in the works?

Quote:

I wonder if he will allow new purchases to be upgraded? I will be in there next week for my impressions. I guess I could ask.

I doubt existing 335 owner can upgrade to the new 335....................................
rolleyes.gif

If can, it will be good but just wondering how can they salvage the drivers................................
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,436 of 6,678

I doubt existing 335 owner can upgrade to the new 335....................................
rolleyes.gif

If can, it will be good but just wondering how can they salvage the drivers................................
rolleyes.gif

Actually, for a short while, it was only available for existing 335 users and only those with big enough ear canals.

It's not a new 335. It's just a 335 with some titanium tube modifications by opening up the faceplate. No need to salvage drivers.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,437 of 6,678
Fujiya Avic festival in Tokyo is having a sale on Fitears all models this weekend.
¥15,000 or so yen off on the 335s for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back