The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #1,396 of 6,678
  Thanks for the impressions Anak, much appreciated.

From my experience, and the reports i have had from customers, the Poison sounds it's best after about 300 hours, while the Widow is 500, i don't think think it's even been 500 since i finished making it 
biggrin.gif
  Best way to burn in the cables is to leave then playing music, attached to the IEM 24/7, but not many would feel comfortable doing this. If you like, i can send in an adapter system that you plug the IEM end in to, so there would be no need to have your Fitear attached while burning in.

Hearing differences between cables is already not so easy, but people can remember how their cable sounded like 500 hours ago ?

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #1,397 of 6,678

Hearing differences between cables is already not so easy, but people can remember how their cable sounded like 500 hours ago ?

Well if one has multiple units of the same cable-type, you don't have to depend on memory - just burn one or two and not the rest. Somehow I'd guess Frank would have many Silver Widows in his stash :wink:.

Frank, thanks for your responses on your cables. I may need to ask if we (MTTF & I) can borrow your cables just a little longer to hear again after a longer burn-in and after the Studio Reference mod. It's understood that with 2 variables at play, and re-review won't be able to be based on the original.

As for the rest of the audience here, I've shipped the Toxic Cables, and the Tralucent back to MTTF so that he can give his take on comparing the two. From our previous meet it was quite clearly determined that MTTF has different tastes from me; and Frank is right that my sonic preferences do tend to lean more towards a treble extended signature.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,399 of 6,678

Not here to have a discussion with anyone on this, but i have compared a new cable i have made, to one that has seen hundreds of hours, of the exact same cable, and i personally hear a clear difference, although not a Fitear cable.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #1,400 of 6,678
Frank, any chance you have the Anthrax cable with FitEar connector? Can't find them in your website.
Thanks

Unfortunately i don't have any cables ready to ship at present, as i am working on a large backlog of orders. But you are more then welcome to PM me regarding placing an order. The website does not even have 20% of the cables i offer. A list of most or my cables, along with prices can be found on my profile.

Well if one has multiple units of the same cable-type, you don't have to depend on memory - just burn one or two and not the rest. Somehow I'd guess Frank would have many Silver Widows in his stash :wink:.

Frank, thanks for your responses on your cables. I may need to ask if we (MTTF & I) can borrow your cables just a little longer to hear again after a longer burn-in and after the Studio Reference mod. It's understood that with 2 variables at play, and re-review won't be able to be based on the original.

As for the rest of the audience here, I've shipped the Toxic Cables, and the Tralucent back to MTTF so that he can give his take on comparing the two. From our previous meet it was quite clearly determined that MTTF has different tastes from me; and Frank is right that my sonic preferences do tend to lean more towards a treble extended signature.

Sorry Anak, i read your post after i had already posted mine above. 

I usually like to own at least one pair of headphone's or earphones that accept a particular connector for testing purposes (that's that excuse i give the wife) but unfortunately i have not had the pleasure to listen to any Fitear's yet.

You guys keep hold of the cables as long as you want, i am in no rush for them back.

Everyone has different tastes, i make most of my cables how i personally prefer them, although some are made from the feedback i get from customers and my appreciation thread.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #1,401 of 6,678
Can I suggest we keep this thread to more about the FitEar CIEMs and less about the cables? I believe there is already a thread for Toxic cables and other dealers. Or start another thread related to cables for FitEar.

Thanks

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #1,406 of 6,678
Cables for Fitear belong on the Fitear thread...

I'm all for talking cables, but the reality is that the title is - The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread. Also don't you think that someone searches out this thread on a specific topic to research and learn about that particular product, in this case FitEar CIEMs? Don't you think it would be for the best rather than have to sift through pages and pages of comments hijacked by a few on nothing but cables?

I rest my case.

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #1,407 of 6,678
Cables for Fitear belong on the Fitear thread...

Agree on the cable talk being on-topic. You really can't find much fault in that.

However, I also get the situation from the other side of the fence, how irritating it must be for something to dominate and saturate the bulk of the conversation on the thread. Wouldn't say that it restricts others from bringing up more talk on the CIEMs themselves (of course people have the ability to do so at any time, so that's on the onus of the person and shouldn't even be a complaint), but it can definitely deter others from chiming in on other things when there's a pre-existing conversation that doesn't seem to let up.

Then again, it has been 90+ pages so there's admittedly less to be talking about with regards to comparisons vs other IEMs, new models (apart from that Studio), the usual things when it comes to threads of this nature.

Part of the reason why this is such a hot thing, at least from what I see but I could just be talking out of my arse as usual, is that this is really limited to the higher-spending Asian-only market, because of the distribution. A good portion of that particular subset of the community over there is hung up about things like cables, for reasons I won't really want to get into without the whole thing veering off-topic. Of course this is true in most audio communities, but the Asian subset is overly dominate on this matter (as a disclaimer I must admit that I have considered myself to be part of that community first and foremost so this really isn't some sort of dig, at least I hope it doesn't get interpreted as being such).
So, why not have people talk about things they're passionate about while being on-topic (heck it's more on-topic than this diatribe). Personally, I suggest tuning out the majority of the way through, and tune back in when the CIEMs talk is in the spotlight once again. As are many of the other lurkers that I've heard from appear to be acting. It's what I've subscribed to doing as well.

Definitely not meant as a suggestion or anything, or as a dig at anyone - there's really nobody to blame, nothing worth blaming about anyways - just farting out some thoughts.

Edit: oh boy, how long was I editing this for political correctness, didn't even see the quote "above" mine that pretty much says it all.

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #1,408 of 6,678
  Agree on the cable talk being on-topic. You really can't find much fault in that.

However, I also get the situation from the other side of the fence, how irritating it must be for something to dominate and saturate the bulk of the conversation on the thread. Wouldn't say that it restricts others from bringing up more talk on the CIEMs themselves (of course people have the ability to do so at any time, so that's on the onus of the person and shouldn't even be a complaint), but it can definitely deter others from chiming in on other things when there's a pre-existing conversation that doesn't seem to let up.

Then again, it has been 90+ pages so there's admittedly less to be talking about with regards to comparisons vs other IEMs, new models (apart from that Studio), the usual things when it comes to threads of this nature.

Part of the reason why this is such a hot thing, at least from what I see but I could just be talking out of my arse as usual, is that this is really limited to the higher-spending Asian-only market, because of the distribution. A good portion of that particular subset of the community over there is hung up about things like cables, for reasons I won't really want to get into without the whole thing veering off-topic. Of course this is true in most audio communities, but the Asian subset is overly dominate on this matter (as a disclaimer I must admit that I have considered myself to be part of that community first and foremost so this really isn't some sort of dig, at least I hope it doesn't get interpreted as being such).
So, why not have people talk about things they're passionate about while being on-topic (heck it's more on-topic than this diatribe). Personally, I suggest tuning out the majority of the way through, and tune back in when the CIEMs talk is in the spotlight once again. As are many of the other lurkers that I've heard from appear to be acting. It's what I've subscribed to doing as well.

Definitely not meant as a suggestion or anything, or as a dig at anyone - there's really nobody to blame, nothing worth blaming about anyways - just farting out some thoughts.

Edit: oh boy, how long was I editing this for political correctness, didn't even see the quote "above" mine that pretty much says it all.

I only brought it up to reign it in a little. As I said before, I am all for cable talk within reason. And it did seem to organically go in that direction. But ...

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #1,410 of 6,678
Studio Reference is promising for sure.

Too bad we won't have a 668/Pro Audio owner come up and post on here anytime soon....
Heck some comparisons to Vision/Rhines or Canalworks or Livezoner41, that'd be interesting to see as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back