The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,366 of 6,671
The aim is to increase the range if the highs and increase the clarity for mids and lows; by optimizing the network and some acoustic tuning. The silicon tube in the highs bore will be replaced by a titanium substitute.

Not all 335DWs can be accepted as their unit might not be suitable due to canal size and shape, or condition of the shells. The existing units have to be brought to fitear directly.

As fitear has to open the faceplates to do the upgrades, some blemishes might occur. Also please understand that the SQ is a leap of faith.

Upgrade takes 2-3 weeks. Units with older faceplates will have it replaced with new ones at addition cost. 52,500yen vs 42,000yen for those with newer faceplates.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #1,368 of 6,671
But will all the new 335 include this option?

As tm.chen mentioned, it will depend on the ear canal size/shape, etc. I know mine won't make the cut  
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,370 of 6,671
But will all the new 335 include this option?

If I am reading it correctly, the upgrades do not apply to new orders. Only existing 335DWs are suitable for the upgrade as they have to check the completed product to determine suitability. So i guess if you really want it, you will have to receive your set first and then bring over to Fitear for the upgrade.

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,371 of 6,671
Any existing 335 users want to take the risk?

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #1,372 of 6,671
Any existing 335 users want to take the risk?
What risk :wink:?? I'm so going for it without a doubt! Heheh!! I think one of the reasons why I'm still so attached to my TG!334 is because of the titanium stem. And DonnyHiFi & I have compared the TG!334 vs the MH334 last year.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,373 of 6,671
This raises two questions:

1. Why didn't they start doing this from the get-go?
2. Why don't they start doing it now with anyone who orders?

And Anak - Everything is a risk my friend.

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,378 of 6,671
  This raises two questions:

1. Why didn't they start doing this from the get-go?
2. Why don't they start doing it now with anyone who orders?

I'm wondering, if it is totally dependant on how big your ear canals, can't they implement it from the get-go just from looking at your impressions?

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,379 of 6,671
  I'm wondering, if it is totally dependant on how big your ear canals, can't they implement it from the get-go just from looking at your impressions?

Probably due to those titanium tube that they added. If the ear canals is too small, there is no way they can drill other two ports for mids and bass. I know for some people that ear canals are so small, they already can only space enough for two ports.

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,380 of 6,671
  Probably due to those titanium tube that they added. If the ear canals is too small, there is no way they can drill other two ports for mids and bass. I know for some people that ear canals are so small, they already can only space enough for two ports.

Exactly. Can't they just look at your ear impressions to judge if your canals are big enough for the implement? And then implement the titanium tubes on your first fit...instead of having to open it up later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back