The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,236 of 6,678
  Anyone received their cables from Toxic with FitEar connectors yet? Or they are still under production.. If yes, I would love to hear your impressions/reviews on them. :)

Yes, I got the first one that he made. It's The Virus.

I also owned SXC24 and Silver dragon. 
I would say that the bass on this one is very tight and control but no as impactful as SXC24. Mid is still forward but less if you compare with 001. Treble is very similar to SXC24. This cable make the sound of my MH335DW more balanced. Bass and treble is improved while give you very details and clarity. Sound stage is pretty similar to SXC and Silver dragon but a tad of feeling that you sit slightly faraway from the stage.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,237 of 6,678
MTTF, can you please bring your cables to the meet this Sunday? I still have the Tralucent (but now silver and the former silver/gold which you tried). Today I hope to be able to compare the Tralucent with VisceriousZERO's Whiplash. Unfortunately he's leaving Tokyo tomorrow and most likely won't be able to join the meet on Sunday.

So with a bit of luck this weekend we'll be able to have a look at the following FitEar 3rd party cables :-
1) Tralucent
2) Toxic
3) Moon Audio (do you still have that??)
4) Whiplash
5) ALO

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,238 of 6,678
  MTTF, can you please bring your cables to the meet this Sunday? I still have the Tralucent (but now silver and the former silver/gold which you tried). Today I hope to be able to compare the Tralucent with VisceriousZERO's Whiplash. Unfortunately he's leaving Tokyo tomorrow and most likely won't be able to join the meet on Sunday.

So with a bit of luck this weekend we'll be able to have a look at the following FitEar 3rd party cables :-
1) Tralucent
2) Toxic
3) Moon Audio (do you still have that??)
4) Whiplash
5) ALO

Yes, I still have my silver dragon with me. I'll bring all the cables.

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,241 of 6,678

Yes, I got the first one that he made. It's The Virus.

I also owned SXC24 and Silver dragon. 
I would say that the bass on this one is very tight and control but no as impactful as SXC24. Mid is still forward but less if you compare with 001. Treble is very similar to SXC24. This cable make the sound of my MH335DW more balanced. Bass and treble is improved while give you very details and clarity. Sound stage is pretty similar to SXC and Silver dragon but a tad of feeling that you sit slightly faraway from the stage.

Wow! Nice looking cables! 

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,242 of 6,678
Looking at the Toxic Scorpion for my fitear though 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,243 of 6,678
Anyone has experience with both the TG334 and MH334? How similar/different do they sound? I heard the titanium tube on the TG334 actually improves the overall SQ. Not sure how true is this claim. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #1,244 of 6,678
Rin's entry for the F111 describes the titanium tube's functional workings  - 
ON SECOND THOUGHT #4: As observed in above data, Suyama's テーパードポートステム, which is an acoustic horn, lowers acoustic output impedance of the transducer, making the IEM relatively free of insertion-depth/sleeve bore related acoustic interference. In short, the horn plays a roll of an acoustic impedance transformer. According to Dr. Harvey Dillon, the director of research at the national acoustic laboratories of Australia, an acoustic horn has following effects:

"By gradually changing the diameter of a connecting tube, and hence its impedance, there is a more gradual transition from the high impedance receiver to the low impedance canal, and hence less power is reflected...Consequently, the response is less peaky, resulting in improved sound quality."

Such technique is extremely useful for taming high frequency peaks/amplifying the treble acoustically at the same time, and it has been utilized for the optimization of Westone 4 previously by me.

In order to fully understand the overall effect of テーパードポートステム, the inner diameter, the outer diameter, and the length of the horn portion must be figured out.

The horn's gain is obtained via above formula, which calculates to ~6 dB boost.

And the 3 dB cut off frequency turns out to be approximately at 18 kHz, at which the driver hits the upper bandwidth limit. It is clear the technique has been utilized to offset F111's electroacoustic limitation caused by its single driver configuration.

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,245 of 6,678
Wait, the 334 has a titanium horn? I thought it only had the titanium sound tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back