The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #1,247 of 6,678
  Anyone has experience with both the TG334 and MH334? How similar/different do they sound? I heard the titanium tube on the TG334 actually improves the overall SQ. Not sure how true is this claim. 

Yes but the MH334 wasn't mine, but a friend's. I had to hold it in my ears to get a decent seal. The TG!334 does have slightly more emphasised highs and both the MH334 owner & I attribute that to the titanium tubes. I don't know if you'd say it improves sound but the MH334 has a slightly nicer imaging but the TG!334 doesn't sound as "warm" as the MH334.

You guys has  better give us detailed feedback :)

I wrote something yesterday but for some reason decided to cancel it. Note that everything here is subjective 'cos it's merely my thoughts and my preferences (of which at the meet, MTTheFirst & I agreed that we did have different tastes and different preferences).

Starting from the ALO & the Moon Audio Silver Dragon, they both brought a somewhat analytical presentation but also a little "rough". I honestly don't know how long MTTheFirst had burnt in those cables or if this is the result after settling in but whilst they did extend the treble frequencies, both were also somewhat grainy. It would be interesting to actually put them through a few hundred of hours of burn-in to see if that changes.

The Toxic Virus was excellent value for money for the SQ it delivered. Toy my ears it came close to the Tralucent Sliver/Gold although the Tralucent Silver/Gold still had the edge in terms of sound staging, and holographic-ness (is there such a term?). Both were 3D but the Tralucent Silver/Gold did have just a bit more oomph in that 3D presentation over the Toxic Virus. I think MTTheFirst said the Toxic Virus cost him something like USD$310 or thereabouts. This is where it's really good value for money.

There's also the Tralucent Silver which also fell into the analytical category of ALO's and Moon Audio Silver Dragon's however felt more refined in terms of resolution. It didn't give the depth perception of the Toxic Virus nor its other Silver/Gold brother.

At least for me, the Tralucent Silver/Gold still took the crown of the  cables tested yesterday. I actually still don't know how much it cost as it's a loaner from Tralucent. I'm still kinda bummed I didn't get to try VisceriousZERO's Whiplash cables as I really wanted to see how they'd compare against the Tralucents.

I'm sure MTTheFirst would have more thoughts to add.

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,248 of 6,678
Just got back from Tokyo. What a day running away from typhoon. 
biggrin.gif

I'll post my impression on all different cables that I try tomorrow.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,251 of 6,678
Sorry about that Anakchan, it was a hectic stay :)

Though this isn't on the FitEar CIEMs, soullinker and I did an AB on the Tralucent silver/gold vs. whiplash hybrids (8-wire) on the JH13Pro FP and we agree that the silver/gold is beautiful for soundstaging and instruments, but leaves much to be desired with vocals. On the other hand the whiplash made the JHs very very musical, while reducing the soundstage due to thickness of sound.

I need to test this with my 335s but all I have for them are whiplashes, ALO, and FitEar cables.

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,252 of 6,678
Sorry about that Anakchan, it was a hectic stay :)

Though this isn't on the FitEar CIEMs, soullinker and I did an AB on the Tralucent silver/gold vs. whiplash hybrids (8-wire) on the JH13Pro FP and we agree that the silver/gold is beautiful for soundstaging and instruments, but leaves much to be desired with vocals. On the other hand the whiplash made the JHs very very musical, while reducing the soundstage due to thickness of sound.

I need to test this with my 335s but all I have for them are whiplashes, ALO, and FitEar cables.
So the perfect cable is a 12 wire Tralucent silver gold Whiplash TWag TWcu hybrid...hybrid?

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #1,254 of 6,678
Here is my thought about different cables.

All of my cables are clocked more than 300 hours.

Silver dragon is the most brightest. It's very clear and clean. Treble is a bit harsh and dry but have the most extended of all. Sound stage is slightly narrower and closed. Bass is a bit loose and dry. ALO SXC24 is analytical and details. Treble extended nicely with tight bass and slightly less forward mid. Overall, it give better balanced to MH335DW which have forward mid. I agree with AnakChan that Tralucent silver is very details. It's sound smooth and refine than both silver dragon and sxc24.

In term of sound quality, both Tralucent Silver/Gold and Toxic Cables the Virus are the best and very close to each other. Tralucent's sound stage is more 3D and openness while Toxic Cables is a bit narrower but still have depth and separation. The one thing that really win for the Virus is the flexibility of the cable. It's the most flexible of all despite the largest diameter of all. My Virus cost about 190 GBP which I consider a great value.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,255 of 6,678
First post.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of 335s from Jaden HK. I'm wondering if I should wait a bit longer to see if fitear will have any new releases at the Autumn festival in October(November?), or just go for it? Does anyone know anything about what's upcoming? Many thanks .

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #1,256 of 6,678
First post.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of 335s from Jaden HK. I'm wondering if I should wait a bit longer to see if fitear will have any new releases at the Autumn festival in October(November?), or just go for it? Does anyone know anything about what's upcoming? Many thanks .

We might see a universal Monet model. I don't think there have been any rumors of a new custom release,

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,257 of 6,678
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,258 of 6,678

What is Titanium Horn?

It is a magical artefact that Suyama San obtained after his glorious battle again the Horned Colossus Titanios in the 9th Abyss of Hell. It is a roughly 20 feet tall and sits in the Fitear Factory to serve as model for all TG334 horns. True story. They made a movie out of it.

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #1,259 of 6,678
I didn't know that Suyama-san was heading the big-screen adaptation for D&D's Forgotten Realm.

Or was it Justin Bieber's My World 4.35. I always get the two mixed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back