The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4,951 of 6,678
Mar 26, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #4,955 of 6,678
  is it worth it to purchase the fitear 006b or other fitear cables in general? or am i better off getting from 3rd party 

You may get different answers from different people............to me each and every of fitear's cables are well made and does nothing wrong sonically and the newer cables (006 and  007) are less microphonic and more flexible, so yes I'd say its worth it (taking costs into consideration as well). Not sure in other parts of the world but here at where I am the fitear cables cost way less than non-Chinese branded 3rd party cables.

I have 3rd party fitear cables but I keep going back to fitear cables. I have with me the 000, 001 (many), 004, 005 (one new version and one old), 006 (stock and balanced), and plans to get a 007 soon. But I do have an Orb cable on my 335DWSR just becos fitear have yet to release a 4.4 balanced cable.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,956 of 6,678

I personally would get a 3rd party cable instead of getting from fitear as I find that their cables tend to be too stiff. Currently using effect audio's Leonidas and it makes my c435 sound amazing.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #4,958 of 6,678
Anybody knows what is " Fitear Customs " ?
Saw it here
" http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=30368 " & here " http://fitear.jp/music/fitearcustom/"

According to Fitear twitter it says this is a brand new product .
There is a separate thread about the FitEar Customs that made its debut this past weekend. The price was a show special of ¥75,000. I have to say that FitEar has produced a really good/awesome sounding earphone for that price. I don't know what the regular price will be after the show.

The signature was a fullish-styled signature with lots but not excessive bass, full mids, and extended trebles. For that pricing I have to say it's hard to fault the FitEar Customs. I spent an extensive amount of time over the weekend listening to the Customs, Titan (re-offered now std production), and the JH Audio Lola and was torn between the 3 (more like the two Titan vs Lola).

The Customs were probably just a shade smaller soundstage than the Titan which was where in the end I ordered the Titan for myself. The Lola was a very strong competitor - I must have listened to it on 4 - 5 different sessions and a very worthy competitor for those outside of Japan who can't get the FitEar Customs nor Titan.

My choice for Titan wasn't solely sonics. The titanium housing had a fair percentage of me choosing it over the Custom and Lola - especially after my MH335DW-SR acrylic shell broke (post #4941).

Now the 3 month wait for the Titan....

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #4,959 of 6,678
Congrats, Anakchan! :) Just waiting for it to be available outside Japan. It'd be my first FitEar custom in a long time.

May 2, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #4,961 of 6,678
AnakChan, where would you say the Titan overperforms the Lola to your taste sonically?
Soundstage primarily. The Lola at times can sound a little hot depending on the track you're listening to. The Titan is a little more forgiving in that respect (but not treble rolled off). The Lola is also a very sensitive earphone - maybe I'm @shigzeo influenced but the NW-WM1Z hiss was more noticeable on the Lola than the Titan.

In the end I went for the slightly more easy listening earphone - not to mention titanium's probably harder to break than acrylic.

May 2, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #4,963 of 6,678
Hum, but from what you say the Lola seems like a great deal in universal, especially with the -20% you can get as a client
Actually if you want a really good deal for that kinda sound? The FitEar Custom - that was going for ~$670, it's close to the Titan and the Lola and 4x cheaper than the Titan.

Another friend (fellow Head-fier?) actually felt the Custom was faster/more responsive than the Titan. Maybe my genre music doesn't challenge the Titan enough to notice the speed difference against the Custom.

Anyhow, as the Titan and Custom aren't available overseas yet, the point it kinda moot - the Lola is more accessible globally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back