The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #4,937 of 6,671
Just got mine. This is the first CIEM I have that feels very comfortable right out of the box. The ones I had before need some time for my ears to get adjusted. Packaging is superb. It looks in every angle a premium product.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #4,938 of 6,671
Here's my impressions so far of 333 in comparison to NT-6.

Anyone who likes NT-6 will more or less like the fitear 333 as well. In terms or clarity and detail resolution they can go toe to toe. Though I think it's still early I can already perceive distinct differences between the 2.

The 333 somewhat renders bass like a very good dynamic iem and not like I normally hear with BA iems. The decay is more similar to a dynamic driver than a BA. Cymbals also sound more natural with 333. There is a body around each hits and the reverberation seems more natural. The NT6 seems to have slower and shorter reverb and every cymbal hits sounds bit thinner or hollow.

Though the 333 may come as an in your face iem overall which may give an impression of a smaller stage. But the overall timbre seems natural to me. 

NT-6 though appears to sound more balanced while the 333 appears to have a slightly V or U shaped FR. I think from memory the NT6-Pro may have similar FR to 333 than 333 to NT-6. 

The 333 also seems to have a better isolation and the first CIEM I have that is very comfortable out of the box and and my ears doesn't need to adjust over time. It is much smaller than NT-6 obviously due to fewer components but the fit is perfect, I don' lose isolation or hear noticeable change in sound/performance when I open my mouth or move my head while listening. Fitears build is much more solid and the connector more robust. 

I Still enjoy listening to my NT-6 but if it breaks I have a peace of mind that I will not miss it as long as I still have the 333.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #4,941 of 6,671
Well looks like my MH335DW-SR finally gave out on me.

I may try toglue the pieces back together but dunno if it'll sound the same anymore.

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #4,943 of 6,671
Well looks like my MH335DW-SR finally gave out on me.

I may try toglue the pieces back together but dunno if it'll sound the same anymore.

Oww... That's painful to see. 

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #4,945 of 6,671
i dropped player and CIEMs on hard floor and player did similar damage as above.   I sent back to fitear and they repaired like new.....just an expensive lesson to buy hard (Separate) case!

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #4,946 of 6,671
I thought Fitears are solidly filled acrylic?

I thought the same. Didn't expect I'd be seeing a FitEar broken like this.

Solid filled acrylic are as brittle as they are hard. So they won't break for no reason (sth like a knock) like other thin acrylic shells do, but with hard impact (a drop) it will readily give way.

It's always painful to see sth like this happens..................but I'm sure Fitear can get this well covered. Better send back for repair than just glue it yourself IMHO.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #4,947 of 6,671
I thought Fitears are solidly filled acrylic?
Not that portion.
Solid filled acrylic are as brittle as they are hard. So they won't break for no reason (sth like a knock) like other thin acrylic shells do, but with hard impact (a drop) it will readily give way.

It's always painful to see sth like this happens..................but I'm sure Fitear can get this well covered. Better send back for repair than just glue it yourself IMHO.

I think the MH335DW-SR is partial solid fill - the part that holds the BA and tubing naturally. However the open cavity is the part where the resistors (or crossovers, what not) can be soldered to the different BAs).

I've actually dropped myMH335DW-SR many times in the past few years so I guess this time whatever weakened portion finally caved in (no pun intended). Good suggestion for me to ask FitEar. I'll reach out to them.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #4,948 of 6,671
Not that portion.
I think the MH335DW-SR is partial solid fill - the part that holds the BA and tubing naturally. However the open cavity is the part where the resistors (or crossovers, what not) can be soldered to the different BAs).

I've actually dropped myMH335DW-SR many times in the past few years so I guess this time whatever weakened portion finally caved in (no pun intended). Good suggestion for me to ask FitEar. I'll reach out to them.

Now that you mentioned it - I think my 335 WAS completely solid-filled but I had also suspected (but still can't be sure just from visual inspection) that when my 335 came back from getting its SR treatment part of the solid acrylic near the back panel (as you have mentioned) had been removed. So you are probably right about the SR being partially filled.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #4,949 of 6,671
Sorry to see what happened to your SR Anakchan! :frowning2:

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #4,950 of 6,671

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back