The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #4,967 of 6,670
Hey guys this question might already be asked multiple times in the thread, but can anyone give a comparison of the FitEar Aya, Aya Snow, and Monet 17? I am quite confused which one to go for.. Thanks!!
I could be wrong as I haven't had a chance to try either, but I thought the Aya Snow was just he Aya with a limited edition white housing (I'd buy the white finish over the black housing any day.)

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #4,968 of 6,670
Hi all.
I have a friend who wants to get a spare wire for his monet17 that he received a while back. However, he has no idea which wire it is. As I don't own fitear products myself, I was unable to advise him too.

As such, I was hoping to tap on the knowledge you guys have so that I can at least point him in the right direction. Any idea which cable number is the stock wire that comes standard with the monet17?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #4,971 of 6,670
FitEar Titan arrived! So stoked about it!!

P6180001.jpg
P6180002.jpg
P6180003.jpg
P6180004.jpg
P6180005.jpg
P6180006.jpg

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #4,973 of 6,670
Sooo shiny!!! How does it sounds?
I've been waiting since mid March for my MH334 to come, can't believe that you ordered the Titan on April yet it arrives sooner than mine :confounded:
I'm burning mine in @ the moment but I heard the Titan twice before jumping for it - once in Oct '16 and again in late Apr '17 at the Fujiya Spring Festival and ordered it on the last day of the show - all up about 6 weeks?

I'm gonna need to buy the Vannuys earphone protector to keep that shininess :-

1_20.jpg

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #4,974 of 6,670
I'm burning mine in @ the moment but I heard the Titan twice before jumping for it - once in Oct '16 and again in late Apr '17 at the Fujiya Spring Festival and ordered it on the last day of the show - all up about 6 weeks?

I'm gonna need to buy the Vannuys earphone protector to keep that shininess :-

Awesome ! After reading your impressions on the demo, i really hope that the titan / custom is available for audition soon here, especially the custom with its great pricing. And all that at 6 weeks only? So fast :astonished: Looks like the titan production line is more efficient than the acrylic line

That protector looks great, and if it keeps them from rattling or hitting each other inside the case it is definitely worth it

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #4,975 of 6,670
Looks dope. Had a chance to try both the TITAN and the 334SR previously during my visit and Japan and they are both really impressive. Especially love the dynamic performance of the TITAN, creating an immersive and expansive soundstage.

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #4,976 of 6,670
In the last Fujiya show, I spent a lot of time going back 'n forth between the FitEar and JH table deciding between the FitEar Custom, Titan, and JH Lola. I have to say they were all really good - ignoring the price differences (yeah I know I'm talking about $700 -> $2600 IEMs), it was actually a tough call - in the end I settled for the Titan for not only sonic reasons but for construction too - I figured after my MH335DW-SR's break, I'd try my luck with titanium which should be pretty durable.

Sonically I could have lived with any of the aforementioned above - each just unique in their own way.

One thing about FitEar's fitting - it's simply remarkable. This is my 2nd FitEar CIEM and their technique (which they instruct to audiologists around Japan and overseas) is just perfect. I get a prefect seal, I don't have any pains or sore points.

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #4,978 of 6,670
How's the fit Anak? I noticed the canals are especially short. Will that affect the seal when you open/close your jaws?

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #4,979 of 6,670
BTW did you ever got your broken 335 repaired?
How much did Fitear charge you for that?
Not done it yet. I talked to Suyama-san about it at the show and I messaged him a few weeks back but haven't heard from him yet. I may just drop by his clinic after work one day.

How's the fit Anak? I noticed the canals are especially short. Will that affect the seal when you open/close your jaws?
Yep the stems are much shorter than my already short MH335DW-SR however no impact to seal whenever I open/close my jaws. Still a prefect seal. I don't lose isolation, nor do I hear any loss in bass when I open my jaw.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #4,980 of 6,670
Yep the stems are much shorter than my already short MH335DW-SR however no impact to seal whenever I open/close my jaws. Still a prefect seal. I don't lose isolation, nor do I hear any loss in bass when I open my jaw.

Awesome! I cannot imagine how intricate they had to tailor the ear canals considering the many stages in the production. Truly magnificient :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back