The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #4,441 of 6,689
Hi does that mean the Monet 17 is available for purchase/order in HK? (just wanted to clarify since having a demo unit may not mean they are open for orders)

Also can foreigners order Fitear CIEMs from HK?

Am really interested and have been interested since I tried it last at Fujiya Avic.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, as long you walk in they will accept your order. And Monet is available for order as well.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #4,443 of 6,689

Just got an email from Suyama Hearing Aid Ginza, they told me that the 335 that I ordered was finished and they will send it by today.

I'm a bit surprised when I read the email because it was less than 3 weeks since I ordered and it's done by now. Much faster than how I expected. Seems like I will be waiting like crazy for the next 2 days.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #4,444 of 6,689
Just got an email from Suyama Hearing Aid Ginza, they told me that the 335 that I ordered was finished and they will send it by today.

I'm a bit surprised when I read the email because it was less than 3 weeks since I ordered and it's done by now. Much faster than how I expected. Seems like I will be waiting like crazy for the next 2 days.:bigsmile_face:

Where did you order it from?

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #4,445 of 6,689
Sep 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #4,446 of 6,689
I have a major issue with Fitear service. My ears changed so I needed a refit. I went through my dealer, who is great, and he sent them back with fresh print. First refit took two or three months. They did not even answer when asked if reshells for fit purposes could jump the standard queue. The fit was still bad, honestly wondered if they reshelled at all. Second refit, it is taking again two or three months, and they do not respond when asked about delays. The dealer tells me the Japanese do things in their own time and will not be rushed.

This does not mean they should not treat fit issues differently, thus avoiding a 2k investment to be unused for close to 5 month. And they should also not consider that international orders deserve less attention. They do not even answer to my dealers questions. Answering questions is just simple respect and politeness.

And now I see they address local orders in three weeks during the same period. Nice going Fitear, I am happy to have invested in you. Suyama San if you ever read this, I think it is not crazy to ask for better treatment on luxury items.

PS: non constructive comments from fanboys telling me that it is the price to pay for quality, or that I should accept what comes to me will be politely ignored...

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #4,447 of 6,689
Sorry to hear that.

I think fitear doesn't have an after service that great. I was very poorly recieved by one of their employee one time for a refit issue. The guy was pretty rude and arrogant with me.
And their new policy order is just insane, you have to fill in a bunch of paperwork even to order a simple universal.

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4,448 of 6,689
  Sorry to hear that.

I think fitear doesn't have an after service that great. I was very poorly recieved by one of their employee one time for a refit issue. The guy was pretty rude and arrogant with me.
And their new policy order is just insane, you have to fill in a bunch of paperwork even to order a simple universal.

I love what Fitear does product-wise. But if they do not want to sell or do not want to sell abroad, well....not one is forcing them.

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4,449 of 6,689
That is very strange. For the folks in Tokyo, I've not heard of any issues with service of FitEar. Almost all the time I read about delays with FitEar are coming from overseas whilst local service has been 3 weeks -> 5 weeks. I wrote a long lengthy response to this but it's 99% speculation therefore retracted. I'll see if I can get some time with Suyama-san when he gets back to Japan to talk to him about it (along with the paperwork policy, etc.).

I'm particularly curious about this myself and would like to know the root cause.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #4,450 of 6,689
I have a major issue with Fitear service. My ears changed so I needed a refit. I went through my dealer, who is great, and he sent them back with fresh print. First refit took two or three months. They did not even answer when asked if reshells for fit purposes could jump the standard queue. The fit was still bad, honestly wondered if they reshelled at all. Second refit, it is taking again two or three months, and they do not respond when asked about delays. The dealer tells me the Japanese do things in their own time and will not be rushed.

This does not mean they should not treat fit issues differently, thus avoiding a 2k investment to be unused for close to 5 month. And they should also not consider that international orders deserve less attention. They do not even answer to my dealers questions. Answering questions is just simple respect and politeness.

And now I see they address local orders in three weeks during the same period. Nice going Fitear, I am happy to have invested in you. Suyama San if you ever read this, I think it is not crazy to ask for better treatment on luxury items.

PS: non constructive comments from fanboys telling me that it is the price to pay for quality, or that I should accept what comes to me will be politely ignored...

I'm really sorry to hear that mate, kindly check your PM 
confused_face.gif

Where did you order it from?

I ordered it directly from Suyama Hearing Aid.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #4,451 of 6,689
Sep 16, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #4,453 of 6,689
   I'll see if I can get some time with Suyama-san when he gets back to Japan to talk to him about it (along with the paperwork policy, etc.).

I'm particularly curious about this myself and would like to know the root cause.

Please do. My future purchase will most likely be influenced by whatever info you obtain from them. For now, I'm just hoping my ears don't mutate too much. I'd be heartbroken if my 335s didn't fit one day, and would be doubly heartbroken if I needed to wait 6 months for a refit with no updates on the status during that period.

Quote:
My ears changed so I needed a refit.

Just curious. How exactly did your ears change? Is it some natural phenomenon that occurs in all people (someone once told me that our nose and ears technically never stop growing throughout our lifespan) or did you just lose or gain a lot of weight recently?

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #4,454 of 6,689

Just curious. How exactly did your ears change? Is it some natural phenomenon that occurs in all people (someone once told me that our nose and ears technically never stop growing throughout our lifespan) or did you just lose or gain a lot of weight recently?

I remember I read somewhere that actually for the "burn-in" and "perfect-fit" effect that perceived by CIEM users are actually due to their brain got tuned to the sound of the CIEM and their ear shape being slightly changed to fit the shape of the CIEM. I don't have that article now. But I believe our body (e.g.our brain and ears) did somehow make changes to cope with outside changes.

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #4,455 of 6,689

I remember I read somewhere that actually for the "burn-in" and "perfect-fit" effect that perceived by CIEM users are actually due to their brain got tuned to the sound of the CIEM and their ear shape being slightly changed to fit the shape of the CIEM. I don't have that article now. But I believe our body (e.g.our brain and ears) did somehow make changes to cope with outside changes.

Sure it is a common case - every brain gets used to the certain amount of some frequencies and it became natural for you.
Burn in myth of cables or any electronic device is a complete ******** and it is just the audiophiles in their forums talking endless threads on the matter. Nobody can pass the blind test anyway.
So yes - your brain gets used to certain frequency response of your headphones and over time it feels to you different, than for the first try. It happens very same with your eyes after use of any specific colour profile on your LCD / laptop.

This phenomenon can be actually very fast - in terms of minutes/hours.. not just days. When you spent some time in low light conditions, your eyes/brain became used to it and when you suddenly turn on all the lights = it hurts, brain was not prepared for this. When you are in a very loud environment like the big concert, or dance party - your ears / brain are trying to get used to the loud sound, so after couple of hours, when you leave the concert - you feel like you can't hear properly when you arrive to your quiet home.

Sorry no cable/headphone burn-in here :wink: it is just the very sophisticated human brain work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back