The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #6,436 of 17,484
holy crap lol

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #6,437 of 17,484
Just tried FW 2.05 and found gapless playback is not exactly seamless.. In browser mode, I can still hear a half second gap between tracks. It's a big improvement over earlier versions of firmware but I am still hoping Fiio engineers can fix that...

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #6,438 of 17,484
  Just tried FW 2.05 and found gapless playback is not exactly seamless.. In browser mode, I can still hear a half second gap between tracks. It's a big improvement over earlier versions of firmware but I am still hoping Fiio engineers can fix that...

Are you sure it is not the files / encoding? I tested gapless on file browser as well and can't hear any gap.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #6,439 of 17,484
I have no gap either, i use exclusively browse mode (because I do artist/album/pick a track style browsing, and the Fiio UI is designed for strictly album based browsing).

Check the files on windows or something using a gapless enabled player.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #6,440 of 17,484
Sorry for the delay in responding - this is what I have:  http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5U237/  - obviously it is not portable, but it is what I had.

You might check out what other folks are doing in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/682222/ios7-iphone-and-apple-cck

No problem at all. Yeah that is kind of bulky, will try to find a better one at the link, thanks.

I've installed 128g SD memory on my X3.
All functions ok...

Great to hear! Now I just need the $, darn expensive hobby we have.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #6,441 of 17,484

In browser mode with firmware 2.05 I don't get gaps anymore but i will occassionaly get a small popping sound or clicking sound at the point where one track transitions to the next. Amused to death by Roger Waters is one such example of this.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #6,442 of 17,484
Thanks. Is AAC supported for gapless?

Quote:

Are you sure it is not the files / encoding? I tested gapless on file browser as well and can't hear any gap.

I have no gap either, i use exclusively browse mode (because I do artist/album/pick a track style browsing, and the Fiio UI is designed for strictly album based browsing).

Check the files on windows or something using a gapless enabled player.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #6,443 of 17,484
  Thanks. Is AAC supported for gapless?

Yes. I mean, it plays as gapless. Sometimes there´s a small 'pop' but that´s because the AAC encoder generally produces a delay.

BTW, if the FiiO isn´t able to play MP3 in gapless it´s because MP3 itself isn´t gapless. Many players play it gapless but MP3 normally cannot do this.

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #6,448 of 17,484
I just bought myself the X3 and can't wait for it to arrive :)) At the moment I've got a pair of Sennheiser Momentums that I'm gonna run it with.

Has anybody tried this combination? do they work okey? and do they sound well together?

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #6,449 of 17,484
...At the moment I've got a pair of Sennheiser Momentums that I'm gonna run it with.

Has anybody tried this combination? do they work okey? and do they sound well together?

Great combo (I have the over-ear version. I only once had a quick listen to the on-ears which sounded promising at least). Should make you smile :-D

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #6,450 of 17,484
Anyone try MDR-1Rs yet?

Its been difficult finding the right IEM for this. Been running GR07s and not very satisfied with them on the X3, overall. Great sounding device for full phones, but that sorta defeats the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back